Walkway

TR tr_walkway RC2

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
Here's a small request.

Is it possible to create a counter that tells you how many bots fell into the pit? I kinda like playing this map like a tower defense game where you try to let none of the bots through.

-KJ-Monchberter

Sep 23, 2009
This map is fantastic work and already my clan have taken to it for training, both individually and as a team, as well as just messing about. I do have a couple of suggestions to make:

1) Can bots be spawned with unlockables? I would like the ability to practice flare and arrow deflects.
2) As already mentioned, spawnable sentries would be good, especially level 3's for deflect practice.
3) It would be useful to have a window from the control room to the main walkway so that you can see the volume of bots and adjust accordingly without having to leave the room.
4) Having actual labels on the buttons would be more accessible than having to wait for the pop up text, and could be viewed at a distance.

Finally, just a note that bot spawns are affected by class limits plug ins, a brief note somewhere about this would reduce any confusion.

Washipato

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
Just a small update to show what are we working on and share some screenshots

One of the features in the next version will be the option to choose the place where bots will be deployed
trwalkwayrc20049.jpg

trwalkwayrc20045.jpg

trwalkwayrc20059.jpg

The controls are simple. After deactivating the random deploy option, the player can move the deploy position left and right using the blu arrows. The big red arrow on the background will show the position. Pressing the middle red button will make the position change stop. For making this more obvious, the button changes color to a brighter red when it can be used. The buttons still have dev textures, but they will have custom ones when this version is released

This feature can be used to customize training, but it has other uses too...
trwalkwayrc20046.jpg

trwalkwayrc20058.jpg

trwalkwayrc20051.jpg

trwalkwayrc20052.jpg

Right now. looking at those screens, I see that the walls need something to make them look better -_-

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
That last picture is epic, all it needs now is a dust cloud behind the mass of snipers.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I love this map. Like guardian I spent a while just killing bots, but soon enough I was practicing my juggling a sniping. Thanks!

Cameron:D

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 28, 2008
I had lots of fun making a bunch of sentries and owning masses in uber fast heavies. :3

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS_-iH7tLmU"]YouTube - Fun With tr_walkway (TF2)[/ame]

Last edited:

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
The beeping, it hurrrrtttttttsssss!

dice

Oct 4, 2009
At the end of the map, where the bots get killed, if you shoot at the 2 dots up there, so they change color ...

14uky38.jpg

... the glass will break at that thing on the right

2ii8mwy.jpg

Then go stand on it/shoot it and the door will open

It's hard getting in the room, because after the door there is that slide thing that launches the bots away. I only managed to do it with the scout. After you get on the other side, theres a long walk. After some time, you'll fall in an invisible hole in a room full on sentrys

ekky39.jpg

If you manage to avoid/destroy them, you'll then have another short walk in a hallway where you'll get teleported back to the main map and this guy will appear

2uqc0tg.jpg

And sorry, the images turned out rather dark, I don't know why

Last edited:

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
*insert Iron Maiden reference here*

Oh, and quality training map. Even if I can barely get more than 5 FPS on it when the bots are on...

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Bump! :O

I just spent almost an hour doing nothing but messing around in this map (Swarm of scouts @ lowest move speed = epic beyond words), and I'm wondering now if the new version is still coming, and if there's any idea when it will be here. This is truly amazing work - a very nice single-player break from the usual uncontrolled madness of TF2. :) I'd love to play with some of these announced new features.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
So, I've found the frog and Hoovy (Who hasn't) Is there anything else I should be scouring for?