The 2016 Winter 72HR TF2Jam

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014
I might try and remake my map on the actual dates.
I hope it's okay considering that all of my progress was lost and I have to start over.

gamerunknown

L1: Registered
Jan 5, 2016
Well I am not the sharpest tool in the box I may be able to contribute and well done to everyone who comes and takes part I always love these seeing people make works of art.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Did Valve hire a community manager or what? They're really talking now. First Crash's mapping tutorials, now this.

I mean, we need all the attention we can get, but I've never seen Valve talk so much.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Did Valve hire a community manager or what? They're really talking now. First Crash's mapping tutorials, now this.

I mean, we need all the attention we can get, but I've never seen Valve talk so much.

To an extent, valve talk if you prod them to talk - credit to Frozen for sending them a message about this.

Last edited:

Cytosolic

L5: Dapper Member
May 1, 2015
Is it possible to work on your own project And collab with some one else? Is it possible if you both post your maps separately under your different users?

Note: This probably a very newby question, you were warned.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I have no idea how much free time I'll have around the actual dates for this, so I'm going to start my 72 hours in about 3 hours (10 PM CST). I'll probably be keeping my project a secret until the actual jam ends, just so I can pretend that I participated at the "proper" time.

TheSpaceCop

Dec 31, 2015
Now that Valve's sticking their nose in this, I might go ahead and make an actual map. The problem is that I don't know whether I should stick with making the text based adventure (Easy to make, not too boring, will definitely get some attention) or a map (Hard to make, may get popular, may flop). Anyone know what I should do?

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010
Is it possible to work on your own project And collab with some one else? Is it possible if you both post your maps separately under your different users?

Note: This probably a very newby question, you were warned.

Yes - you can collaborate on one project and produce one yourself if you want.

OnyxCanoe™

Jan 5, 2016
Anyone want to collab with me on a map? It seems that I may not be capable of working on something like a map in 72hrs.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Crash, do you want to collab? I know you're an awesome mapper and you've never made an MvM Map, have you? I could make the missions for it.
Sorry, I've already got my collab lined up! Plus, I'm not a big fan of MvM, which is why I haven't mapped for it.

LeSwordfish

aa
Aug 8, 2010
i have a question, are trade maps also welcome here

Yes - however there's only so much we can do to help you with them. As a community our skills tend to lie in other directions, so feel free to ask technical questions, and post your map up here with the others - but only a few of us will be able to help with the gameplay.