The 2016 Winter 72HR TF2Jam

Poke

L1: Registered
Jan 25, 2016
I present to you.... pl_robot_factory! Made by me and http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012020581/
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107652634/pl_robot_factory.bsp

pl_robot_factory.jpg

In this map we mostly focused on the game-play, and we did this for a long time. We wanted to detail more but there was not enough time. Please don't judge on the design only. :D

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
This freaking site, man. lol

The countdown for the end of the 72 hour contest is shouting out... "Five minutes left in the mission, FIVE minutes left." And I'm in Hammer going, "WTF, Hammer, stop playing sounds."

Then it starts going 60 seconds left and I just close Hammer thinking it's a sound glitch and it's about to crash.

But no. It's the tab I left open here.

This freaking site.

[Edit] To be clear, this isn't a complaint -- I thought it was really damned funny once I figured out what was going on. XD

Last edited:

Ronald_D_D

L2: Junior Member
Jan 31, 2016
This freaking site, man. lol

The countdown for the end of the 72 hour contest is shouting out... "Five minutes left in the mission, FIVE minutes left." And I'm in Hammer going, "WTF, Hammer, stop playing sounds."

Then it starts going 60 seconds left and I just close Hammer thinking it's a sound glitch and it's about to crash.

But no. It's the tab I left open here.

This freaking site.

[Edit] To be clear, this isn't a complaint -- I thought it was really damned funny once I figured out what was going on. XD

I put my PC into sleep mode leaving everything open. When I logged back in after the event ended, I was greeted with most of the announcer lines from the site mashed together all at once.

And it was glorious.

Last edited:

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
So the days of the competitions are over, rip 72hr comp.

This was pretty wildly successful. I can't see any reason to go back to the old format, and I haven't heard any arguments so far that would justify the need to. We can always have a discussion about it, though.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
I would love to see it be brought back for the occasional contest as the competitive spirit brings a different, intense feeling that many (myself included) enjoy. However the issues still remains of how on earth judging should be done, and the jam was as mentioned, fantastic due to the casual nature (would love to see it done more frequently). A blend of both would be nice (with jams being the large majority of them) but unfortunately, unfeasible.

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014