💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
The 2015 72hr Winter Special!
Jan 23rd @ 9PM GMT to Jan 26th @ 9PM GMT
Rules and Regulations | Upload Thread | Voting Thread
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com

INTRODUCTION
We interrupt your usual programming to bring you a new 72hr contest, hosted by yours truly for some bizarre reason involving interdimensional wormholes and the spectre of real-life! This'll be the seventh bi-annual 72hr mapping contest, and with any luck the most impressive yet! Start your Hammers, and enjoy! (There's no theme this time)

RULES

• Respect the time limit! You may not start mapping in Hammer until the contest has begun.
  • You may not use any elements from old maps. Simple prefabs, such as stairs, prop sets, and entity setups are allowed.
  • You may create sketches of your map before the start of the contest.
  • Any gamemode, custom or official, is allowed except MvM.
  • Your final entry must be submitted before the 72hrs run out. This is no "grace period".
  • Any physical file size allowed.
  • Custom content is allowed, but only if it's made entirely by yourself OR available publicly before the start of the contest.
  • Maps must be able to spawn at least 24 players (12 per team).
  • No collaborations are allowed!
  • You are allowed to use A Boojum Snark's resource library and other such packs and prefabs, such as the lighting library.
  • You are allowed to use Fr0z3n's Map Start-up Prefab
  • You are allowed to test your map as many times as you wish during the 72hrs. There will be impromptus hosted by staff/members throughout the 72hr time period. If you have the time to have your map tested, it is HIGHLY recommended that you test it.
  • Your submission MUST follow this naming convention: <gamemode>_<name of map>_72_version. You can name the map whatever you want. You just need to have _72 in it somewhere. Versioning (_a1, _a2, etc) is highly recommended.
  • DO NOT USE CAPITAL LETTERS OR SPECIAL CHARACTERS (. , $ % &, etc) IN YOUR FILE NAME!
  • Multiple entries are allowed, it is not reccomended however.
  • Your entry must run on TF2Maps.net Servers
  • Your map must including lighting, however basic. (And it shouldn't be too bright either!)
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in disqualification. If in doubt, ask.

STREAMING

http://multitwitch.tv/kritzkast/bak...egarootbeer/pigsareit/marmalade_tim/umbratile

You are encouraged to stream your work. If you're planning on streaming let me know so I can add you to the list!

PRIZES
After voting, the prizes will be distributed as followed:

• First Place will receive the Map Maker's Medallion, and first choice of THREE games from the prize pool!
  • Second Place will receive the second choice of TWO games from the prize pool!
  • Third Place will receive the THIRD choice of ONE game from the prize pool!
The Prize pool is located here.

We'd gladly take any donations to the prize pool anyone would like to contribute! Just send me a message.

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
neat.gif

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Who else would be up for using mumble this year? I'm down for it.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I might give it a shot.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
BTW- when you say: don't start mapping in hammer till the contest starts, I assume you mean just your contest entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.