1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Voting is now open for the Dynamic Control Point Contest! Voting ends on the 23rd, so make sure you join us on the servers to play the entries, and cast your vote before then.

Click here to head to the voting thread!

TF2maps overlay request

Discussion in 'Textures' started by GrimGriz, Jan 24, 2009.

1. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd really like most of the group logo as an overlay. I think it'd look really good on some wooden crates, except instead of having the tf2mappers on the logo, I'd like it as a fra-gilly font stamp on another side of the crate.

So basically, the circle and hammer from the group logo, and then a tf2mappers.net stamp in fragile font (as below).

I'll give you credit in the .txt of maps I use it on, I promise ;)

2. Username00

Username00 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    is this what you were looking for? I may have misread and created the wrong thing.

well after working at it for a bit this is what i came up with

I tried to get it to be a lighter red like the stamp, but some things about GIMP are just a mystery to me

do i have to change anything specific for it to work as an overlay, or will it work like any other texture file with a .vtf/.vmt?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  3. GrimGriz

Positive Ratings:
    Not exactly what I was looking for -
    Imagine the first one without the words "TF2 Mappers" on it - just the symbol+hammer

and then a second image, TF2MAPS.NET, using a font like the one used for the fragile...so it looks like it was stamped on the crate

4. Zmathue

Zmathue L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is this what you where looking for?

5. Username00

Username00 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, i see, was kinda late and i guess i read it as you wanted it to look like the sybol but with like it was put on something like a fragile stamp, i see now

6. GrimGriz

Positive Ratings:
    Pretty much Zmath, but I was thinking 2 separate ones...one side of the crate would have the symbol, and the other side the name-stamp.

Could you go with a bigger font size if you used the diagonal length of the symbol?