Soul Vac Payload (plr_animus)

Model Soul Vac Payload (plr_animus) 1.0

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Last update for a while. Both versions of the model are in a usable state. The art may change before I'm completely done, but I'm liking to take a break for a while.

soulvac_01.jpg

soulvac_02.jpg

soulvac_03.jpg

soulvac_04.jpg

soulvac_05.jpg

soulvac_06.jpg

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Actually, they look like the Trash Cans in Bioshock.

Get that reference?

Malcolm

L3: Member
Jul 10, 2008
Those models look quite good. The problem I see is that the team-colored parts on the payloads are too small and thus make recognition later in the game very hard. Maybe you can also color the "trashcan" on the front of the cart blue and red.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
If I may ask, what on earth cave you the idea to put an espresso machine on a soul eating cart?

It still doesn't seem very soul-y. I think some translucent canisters/chambers with "souls" in them might help it seem like what it is, and feel more spytech.

disclaimer: I dislike the whole theme. so take my views how you will.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Just make it a Proton Pack cart. Then at least one good thing will come out of Animus.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
It's not your theme. I'm talking about Animus' theme as a whole, of which your cart is a small piece.

I would suggest that needs to be a thing said after release. Dismissing ideas that are incomplete isn't just hasty, but ignorant and frankly, rude, as well.

Sikyanakotik

L1: Registered
Aug 1, 2008
I'm not a fan of sucking souls, but I am a fan of coffee. Everything's better with coffee! :D

Also, I love the design of the vacuum. Big, chunky, and colourful make it a perfect fit for TF2, and I love how it keeps the player from taking denying the souls of the dead their just reward too seriously.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I'm releasing both the model files and the source files for this model. There are a few reasons for this, but the primary one is that I'm running out of time before the next academic semester begins, and I have to face the facts that I can't possibly find the time to finish/improve the model as is. At this point I'm leaving it up to whoever else wants to take it up.

You're free to modify the model however you want, there's a readme there in the archive that's a little more specific.

FYI, the model in it's current state is completely usable for any payload type map (and is also the same in approximate dimensions).

Check the first post for the download link/s.