1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Voting is now open for the Dynamic Control Point Contest! Voting ends on the 23rd, so make sure you join us on the servers to play the entries, and cast your vote before then.

Click here to head to the voting thread!

Model Soul Vac Payload (plr_animus) 1.0

Made by Rexy

1. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
  2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Could you make a Ghostbusters skin for the new kart?

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    ...a vacuum? Seems a little plain to me. I was expecting something spytech-ish and/or ethereal feeling.

4. Rexy

Positive Ratings:
    What would you suggest?

5. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    A vacuum is fine, but it's got to have some twist to it. It can just be a shop-vac on a cart, haha.

6. Malcolm

Malcolm L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    A Proton Pack! :D

7. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Positive Ratings:
    I think the big round machine thing in the middle should be bigger, so that it is actually too big for it's cart. Right now, the cart seems empty to me, unlike valve's bombcart. I think this will also give it a more TF2-ish feeling. I didn't say I don't like it! I like the idea of the soul sucking thing. :p

8. Expiriment Kow

Expiriment Kow L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have to agree with this and I also would like to say how freakin' awesome the heavy's head is. :)

9. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I don't like the Heavy's head. It just doesn't look right to me. It doesn't fit.

10. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like what you added since last time I saw it, the bear trap and the heavy head :p

But yeah, as BDP said, maybe loose the tech railings on the side and get the wood side back like the stock cart. Cause the railings is the biggest problem I see right now. And make the vac bigger, and just throw it from above into the cart and see what will break.

If you dont understand that; As the stock pl cart, make some part broken and the vac too big for the cart. That will add even more epicness. And you know what, why now lean it towards the front. That way it might cover the whole cart so we can get rid of the dynamite box. Since that makes no sense :D

Edit: As psy said, the heavies head doesnt fit where it is at the moment. Maybe put it next to the hose on the dispenser

p.s dont tell them the ending :p

11. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    That looks pretty zekzy. I think between the railings and the i-beams it does look pretty spytech already. You might want to make the vac a little bigger to fill it out some, but I think you can just cram it into those existing railings and just have them bend and bow out a little. Maybe make them look stressed or scratched in the skin. And you might want to break up the nozzle a little. I dunno, break off the top or bottom fin. I say that because the particles used for the souls are a little fat and they will hang there for a moment after they reach the cart and might look odd clipping through that narrow nozzle. Then again it might look fine afterall.

Others seem to like them, but I'd lose the bear trap and heavy head. They're amusing, but why are they there exactly?

Other than that I think some kind of mystical idol or tribal fetish (no, not the sexual meaning) object should be on the cart. I was thinking about some kind of mask or something with eyes that glow when a soul is consumed (which you could achieve with particle events). So you can keep the vacuum, like it's there to trap the souls, but then the mask is what turns them into fuel for the cart. Maybe run some wires from it down to the wheels. That would convey that you're using some of the soul's power to drive the cart forward.

But again it looks pretty good the way it is. Nice clean model.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks cool. Make sure you use some smoothing groups there and bake an AO. :)

13. Rexy

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for all the feedback. I know some of you weren't fond of the hand rails, but I think they can still work, please don't give up on them yet.

I have a good idea for the item for the front of the cart, so don't worry, I know it's empty up there right now, but stick with me and I won't disappoint you.

Update screens for you:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. BrokenTripod

BrokenTripod L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    WHAT?

How are you so amazing and quick at modeling and making amazing things? I'm confused.

Loving the texture right now and the name. Can't wait to see what you put on the front of it!

15. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Dude, I love ya :wow: That looks bad ass.

However, I do not like the texture on the hose. Not sure what you can replace it with, sorry. I think it's the amount of checkers that kinda ruins it, not sure :unsure:

Anyhow yeah, keep going. Remember that I can help you with the texturing if need some of the help :thumbup:

16. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Reminds me of this;

[​IMG]

:p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
  18. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    Looks good! The whole thing is really long though, especially with the comparatively tiny wheels.

19. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Cool stuff

20. Rexy

Positive Ratings:
    Ok gents, small update here, the cart needs to be done tonight (at least this version), so here's the cart in-game with the blu skin. I'll update later when I've finished the red skin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]