1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Overlay 'Sentry Insurance' Promotional Posters (512 x 512)

Discussion in 'Models & Textures' started by Dr. KillPatient, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient Member

Here's something I did on a flight back from my short vacation. First real attempt at an overlay so don't expect it to be too good. ;)
    Amusingly enough I had no internet when I needed a reference to trace. In a stroke of pure luck I managed to find a 150x150 thumbnail of an engineer and a sentry from mantaengie.com in my temporary internet files and traced that.

EDIT: Reduced HSV noise.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Exist

Exist Well-Known Member

Good. BUT

They'd be better with less noise in the back.

3. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient Member

Good point there, I'll fix that when I can, but I'd assume the noise will be less noticeable when it's scaled down to normal poster size (about 128x128 and 64x64).

4. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO Well-Known Member

Yes, very noisy. Also, what did you use to draw, because the sentry's a little borked. (great job nevertheless if it's from memory.) and then finally, the text doesn't really stand out, I'd go for a cream. and try something other than that brush script. Something like.. Rockwell that screams engineer.

5. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient Member

Yeah the bottom of the sentry was from memory, my reference image happened to cut off there. :facepalm:
    I'll work on reducing noise once again and see if I can change the text colors as well.

6. umbratile

aa umbratile imagine how is touch the sky

Good start, but there's more to improve.

I don't think the font is good for promotion of that age, clear and bold font should suit an insurance company better. Also, remember, it's "Sentry Gun", a sentry can be many things.

The drawing looks good, but there are no straps on the goggles.