1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Our servers are now running a Steam Workshop rotation, if you'd like your map to be considered for inclusion on our rotation, post in the rotation discussion thread

Or, if you just want to play some of the best community maps the Workshop has to offer, you can join our servers by clicking these links:

Model [REQUEST] Track Straights without Ties

Discussion in 'Models & Textures' started by Psy, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I have a simple request. Simply both track straights (track_straight_128 and track_straight_256) without the ties in between. I will love you forever. Danke.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Even I could use those for my own map I can do it.

3. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    This can be done (I get home tomorrow) but a fair warning is that the ties constitute for at least half of the height of the model--meaning that the resulting product would either not match the tracks previous, or they would float (since they are missing the base ties).

I could do something like what I did for zig, which was to make the straights twice the height as normal (so they were just as tall in units as the stock models). Otherwise you'll be having to compensate for inconsistencies. Let me know what you think, and I'll get to work on these as soon as I can.

4. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Couldn't you just offset the origin of the model without ties so it matches perfectly with the normal tracks?

5. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    well I guess im not doing it now <___<; Way to go and steal my thunder.

6. Rexy

Positive Ratings:
    You could, but then the model would appear to float...half of the height of the model is the ties, after all. Remove the ties, and there's nothing underneath.

7. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Ah right. If you could extend the rail so it goes all the way down to the bottom of the existing model then that would be great.

8. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    ties, you mean the sleepers?

9. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Yep. :p

10. III_Demon

III_Demon L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    i already did it, i just didnt get it packaged up and uploaded, because i'm lazy. gimme a while and i'll update my track pieces.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Rexy

Positive Ratings:
    Demon, did you update? Curious--wondering if I should move to another project or fill this one.

12. Mexican Apple Thief

Mexican Apple Thief L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER

Positive Ratings:
    That would like kinda weird. Just raise the ground in the section where the tracks change.

13. Rexy

Positive Ratings:
    Alternatively, I could also create a specific model to custom fit onto the existing stock model, so that the rails do a quick downward bend until they lay flat on the ground (and of course, I'd make them in both unit sizes, 4 models, 2 of which would be connectors).

14. Rexy

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, so here's what I did:

3 models, 1x64 unit connector model, 1x128 unit sleeperless model, and 1x256 unit sleeperless model. All models use the stock skins and use the team specific skins.

[​IMG]

You'll probably have to alter the height of the track_path entities to make it more believable.

Download:
    http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2053

Update the top!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Excellent. Thanks a lot. :)