1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Our servers are now running a Steam Workshop rotation, if you'd like your map to be considered for inclusion on our rotation, post in the rotation discussion thread

Or, if you just want to play some of the best community maps the Workshop has to offer, you can join our servers by clicking these links:

[Request] Steam Locomotive

Discussion in 'Models & Textures' started by FlavorRage, Jun 18, 2009.

1. FlavorRage

FlavorRage L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am currently making a map involving many trains, and, loving trains, I would like to have more than one. Given that RED favors older aesthetic styles, and that diesel trains only came about in the 40's and 50's, it would be conceivable that they would use a steam train. It could be the same size as the current diesel train, with a tender (coal car) the same size as one as well. Preferably all black and with a cartoonily huge cow-catcher for running players over. For reference, see the Union Pacific Big Boy: Wikipedialulz

Or, if anyone could point me to a free model maker with plenty of tutorials, that works too. :unsure: Thanks in advance tf2maps!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Would the Alpine Steam Engine work?

3. FlavorRage

Positive Ratings:
    I tried it but it's simply too small and broken looking, I wanted to make/find something powerful and intimidating. There's nothing more majestic to me than a huge, polished, jet black steam train :drool1:

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Don't forget... RED doesn't equal old fashioned. RED and BLU both have state-of-the-art high tech equipment. RED just chooses old fashioned as the cover for their nefarious deeds (and trains aren't usually owned by the company they are servicing, so using a diesel wouldn't blow their cover)

5. Radaka

Radaka L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    ^^^ This ^^^

6. FlavorRage

Positive Ratings:
    Glad I'm not alone in this thinking :woot:

EDIT: Boojum, that's why I said AESTHETICS, lol, but really, that's just a half-baked attempt at justifying my want of this model. :S

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  7. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    have you seen my blue skin version of the train?

8. FlavorRage

Positive Ratings:
    Yes I have, but that's not what I'm requesting D:

It's just a blue diesel....

Also sorry for the necropost :O

9. Micnax

aa Micnax L0: Terribly Lazy Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Do want, this would be perfect for my PLR on trains.

10. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    i agree. I would do this model but it's way above anything I can do I think.