Model [Request] Drilling platform

Discussion in 'Models & Textures' started by Vigilante212, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Vigilante212

Vigilante212 L7: Fancy Member

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone make me a drilling platform with a base dimension 464 units by 496 units that looks something like the picture I attached aprox 700 units high. I dont want the extra support off the side though just the 4 posts going up and add a wheel like some of valves mining props use at the top. The standard valve wood prop textures would be great with it.

2. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Thanks Received:
    If the request isn't filled in 2 weeks (after my trip), I'll gladly do it. But I'm running out of time atm.

A few Q...Is this a detail model? Will players move around or inside of it? Is it associated with gameplay, or is this a skybox model?

3. Vigilante212

Thanks Received:
    It will sit above the final cap point where the explosion will be so yes people will be moving in and around it. I didnt even think of that when I posted :)

Rexy thanked this.
  4. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't it be easier to use brushes? A model that big would basically function the same as a func_detail, except with lighting issues.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Thanks Received:
    Also, if it's made of brushes, then you could make it so that when the cp explodes, parts of it could go flying everywhere

6. Vigilante212

Thanks Received:
    I have one made from brushes now although it looks a bit odd lol.

7. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Thanks Received:
    i would take a shot at it but, my laptop is going in for repair so I wouldn't have the opportunity, sorry :(. Although to be honest if you wanted to teach yourself the design is rather basic.