Model [REQUEST] Custon Intel

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I'd like a custom intel model, please. It's gonna be an explosive, so I'm thinking either a big barrel with a fuse or many many stick of dynamite. It's for a western theme. Thanks to anyone who even reads this.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
If i remember correctly, the intel can not be modified for another model.

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
what about eerieone's permuda intel....its modded.

TMP

Abuser of Site Rules
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Ok, here's the scoop I'm about to say.

You cannot mod the physical intel file. That is what DrPepper is saying. BUT you can turn off the visuals on the intel.

What does that mean? You can parent a prop_dynamic to the intel to achieve the look of a custom intel. Papers still fly out the back. It is how I manage a bomb intel in ctf_veritas and eerieone manages his intel in premuda.

It's allowed in the competition.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Drawings, concepts, etc?

You're not likely to get much in the way of help without those.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
i tried to make my own intel, you cant its connected to some nasty tf2 game files that you cant afford to change unless you want to play by yourself.

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
People need to read Magical Potato's post:

Ok, here's the scoop I'm about to say.

You cannot mod the physical intel file. That is what DrPepper is saying. BUT you can turn off the visuals on the intel.

What does that mean? You can parent a prop_dynamic to the intel to achieve the look of a custom intel. Papers still fly out the back. It is how I manage a bomb intel in ctf_veritas and eerieone manages his intel in premuda.

It's allowed in the competition.

Also, I think a lot of dynamite roughly in the shape of a backpack sounds like it would look better than a barrel with a fuse, but that might just be me.

Especially since a barrel would be kind of large and I'm pretty sure people would accidentally shoot the barrel which has no hitbox..but I have no idea if it would matter.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Disregard this; it was for a half-assed project that never went anywhere. However, if someone wants to make one, I'm sure others would find it useful.