Model [Request] Billboard re-skin or new billboard

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Basically, I need either a new billboard model, or a couple re-skins of This model ( models/props_mining/billboard001.mdl ), with almost everything the same except using this billboard and this one.

Alternatively, if anyone finds it easier, I'd be fine with a custom billboard model with those "skins" either... All the same to me... All I want is: Those posters. On a billboard.

Appreciated.

Last edited:

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
Icarus has a very good point considering that you could save yourself so much time doing it that way rather than decompiling the model, replace the texture with thoses, 2 and recompile it by adding the the two materials as a skins.

If it HAS to be done Im willing to do it, but I just don't really see it being necessary

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Possible, but wouldn't that unnecessarily affect performance (even if a little)...?

Or would it still be better than a custom?

Edit, just tried it, works well enough with an invisible brush "wrapped" around the billboard, and the images used as texture.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
Where did you get those images? If they are yours would it be okay if I used them in a map that I am working on?