[PREFAB] CTF Invade Gametype

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Here's my own prefab for CTF invade. It's a 1-flag gamemode where you take the flag (usually situated in the middle of the map) to the enemies base in order to capture it. Dropping the flag will cause it to turn neutral instantly allowing either team to pick it up.

Features
  • Cap blocking
  • Flag cooldown with audio and visual cues
  • Fancy graphics

Screenshots

blocked.jpg

cooldown.jpg

hammer.jpg

How It Works
  • When the flag is captured, the logic_flag_cooldown relay is triggered.
  • Upon triggering it...
    • The sprites are enabled.
    • Teleports the flag to an out of reach area.
    • Enables a fake flag.
    • Triggers the 2 logic_flag_cooldown_relay after 5 seconds.
  • Both of these relays display the countdown sprites and play the announcer sounds.
  • Upon completion...
    • The fake flag is disabled.
    • The real flag is teleported back to the center.
    • The sprites are disabled.

Making Modifications

Removing cap blocking
  • Simply delete the trigger_multiples at the capture zones.

Removing announcer sounds and countdown sprites.
  • Delete or rename either logic_flag_cooldown_numbers or/and logic_flag_cooldown_sprites.

Changing the cooldown period
  • Change the delay for the output within logic_flag_cooldown which triggers logic_flag_cooldown_relay*. The current output is 5 seconds which causes a 10 second cooldown period. Simply take away 5 seconds from the length of time you want the flag to remain inactive. For example, 12 seconds would become a delay of 7 seconds. This is so the cooldown cues start at the correct point in time.

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i know i know everyone knows what it is all about these days, but i would still like to have a short explanation of the ctf invade gamemode, just to have a complete picture of your prefab and what it achieves :)

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ha, this looks really cool. Love the sprites.

If I could make a suggestion, and I'm just guessing here, it might be a bit tricky to read the text in some circumstances (maybe against snow). Perhaps a small border or something would work well on the text.

Last edited:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Yes they are apart from the no_entry sprite.

Feb 14, 2008
Thank you very much Mr. Psy.

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
can the cooldown be set for a high value such as 30 seconds without breaking the sprite system?

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Yes, as he said. Just set the delay to trigger the other relays to 25.

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
I can't get stalemate to work, but I don't know why. I got my timer and stalematelimit is 1. What's missing?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
You don't need a timer. SetStalemateOnTimelimit applies to the server's value of mp_timelimit.

Last edited:

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
I need one for my setup gate, is that a problem? I can't seem to get it work...

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
biggest necro post of all, is this still the best way to make invade CTF or has another way arisen?