Payload Cart Change

BigBros

L3: Member
Aug 20, 2014
Halfway through my level, pl_australium mine, blu push the cart down a large drop, into a cave like area flooded with water. When the cart lands, i want it to land on a raft, which then the blu team have to stand on to push the cart forward. I feel like i have a few options here. Can you guys tell me which one would be best, easiest, or whether there would be other ways to do it.

1. Parent the cart when the cart has dropped down to that location.

2. Disable everything about the cart after it reaches that point, and make the raft the new cart.

3. Have the cart be a raft this whole time...

IDK, I think 2 would work, but could someone tell me how to do it? Thanks,

The Biggest Bro in the world

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
Parent raft to the cart?
That way you can just parent a single brush/prop to your already complicated payload.

Or will that not work with the raft you have in mind?

edit: not a fan of saying "parent" something, because then it sounds like it's the parent. So I mean parent=cart, child=raft.

Last edited:

BigBros

L3: Member
Aug 20, 2014
Oh okay, im just trying to think how I would parent the object at a certain time... How would i do it say, so that when it reached tracktrain_2b_34, the moment it lands on the craft, that has been there this whole time, would then be joined together, and treated as one object.

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
Yeah, basically. --- I'm not 100% sure or anything, because I haven't messed around with payload set up enough, but I assume you can add an output on the path_track "tracktrain_2b_34"
OnPass
raft
SetParent
train

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
Cop--ehh Study plr_hightower, but instead of a lift you have a raft.