November Showcase Maps!

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
9kl7lvB.png

Greetings! It's the end of the month and in a blast of not-forgetfullness, I remembered to make an announcement for all the new showcase maps! Hurrah! I'm posting this in a new forum, for the time being, because apparently my privileges to post in the Featured News Section of the forums has been intentionally or accidentally revoked! Pfft, that doesn't stop me! Announcing this months inductions into the TF2Maps.net Map Showcase.

pl_corrode - Leminnes - One of the older maps from the community, Corrode has seen a lot of iterations in it's many (many many many) year development cycle. Starting off as a very long, large, 20 minute payload map, Lem has refined this map based around a nuclear reactor down to something that is pretty darn good! If you haven't played it recently, do yourself a favour and try it!

mvm_skullcove - Alias - A solid Halloween MvM map that'll spook the socks off of you. For added effect, use those Zombie MvM model replacements. They're hidden somewhere on the internet, you'll just need to dig them up.

cp_vanguard - Fubar - Another map thats been around for quite some time, Vanguard was one of the earliest maps to adopt the construction theme pack. It's become quite a solid map, so if you haven't played this one either, I would make sure to do that too! Same time you play Corrode. Vanguard also comes in King of the Hill flavour, if thats your type of drink.

pl_snowycoast - EArkham - One of the crowd favourites of the MvA contest, Snowycoast took the MvA theme a bit differently. Instead of having the aliens attacking, scientists are exploring a crashed UFO (a unique looking one!). Unfortunatelly, in the end Blue could 'accidently' drop a bomb on it and blow it up. Ooops.

And thats it for this months Showcase maps! We have Workshop Winter Wonderland coming up in December, so if you have a wintry themed map, I would make sure to submit it to the collection! There are in-game medals for those who contribute!

Last edited:

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
Great group of maps this month, I hope Vanguard is included in a future campaign. It's really annoying me that the order of list doesn't match up to the order of the screenshots, but whatever.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
vanguard is still in active development tho, the chances of it ever be completed are next to none.
I guess you could say that it's under construction?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Great group of maps this month, I hope Vanguard is included in a future campaign. It's really annoying me that the order of list doesn't match up to the order of the screenshots, but whatever.

I meant to do that when I was writing, but must've got distracted and forgot. I've fixed it.