New Map PUG Group

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
Tonight, we pugged pro_viaduct by Yyler, who's working with Vhalin on that map and we also pugged Fallout, which is an older map but was actually a lot of fun. We thought the format of 3 neutral points might be a lot of fun as long as it's designed so sniper doesn't shut down the map, we actually played with no sniper. There's also a pug going on Bazillion as I type this, but I'm going to bed soon, so I'll get that stv out tomorrow.

Moose

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 4, 2009
Hey, I've got an a/d map called cp_slush if you'd like to try it out sometime. It's a multistage a/d map with two stages, both containing two points. It's still in really early alpha stages, and relies heavily on white dev textures, so there could easily be major layout changes in the future.

Last edited:

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Hey, I've got an a/d map called cp_slush if you'd like to try it out sometime. It's a multistage a/d map with two stages, both containing two points. It's still in really early alpha stages, and relies heavily on white dev textures, so there could easily be major layout changes in the future.

I looked at an earlier version of your map, I remember getting 700fps in a lot of it :D I'll look at this newer version when I have some time. I'll have to judge how long it will take to play a half, though, 2 stages is close to being at the upper limit for being too long to really play a game on.

We'll probably be doing some more pugs either tomorrow or Saturday, as well. Might just be replaying some maps we've already played, I'm not really sure as I haven't looked at my list for a while and don't fully remember all the ones I thought we could try.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
koth_trotim1_a11 would be ready to get replayed as some of the Sniper problems are hopefully alleviated (while not much else changed so I doubt you'll actually replay it already again)

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
koth_trotim1_a11 would be ready to get replayed as some of the Sniper problems are hopefully alleviated (while not much else changed so I doubt you'll actually replay it already again)

Lol, I was actually just talking to Stalin and the rest of my team about what maps we might play this weekend and we were actually talking about trying the new version of your map; so, we might be playing it soon.

PUGs probably won't be till Saturday this week, though, since we've been forced to reschedule one of our ESEA matches to Friday.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Karst looks like it'd be fun. We have three maps on deck to test tonight: Snakewater, Trotim, and Desertion. I'll put Karst on my list and hopefully we'll be able to get to it soon; I'll try to give you a heads up on when we'll test it so you can be there if you want.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
"MAN, you have some pretty good connections. Who else is on your team, Caesar?"

No, no Caesar, I do have a King and a Ninja, though :p

I think we're running some pugs tomorrow. Not really sure what we'll play other than Karst, though, maybe we'll just replay some of the maps that people have previously enjoyed, idk.

Last edited:

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
If you're DYING for a map to play... petrol is updated. B is completely restructured Fastlink

Pretty sure I have a17 on the server, actually. I was looking at it earlier in the week, though, and, while I think B will play better, I think D has way too much ammo on it. I was able to get a level 3 gun and dispenser up in like 52 seconds with just the wrench, the gun was up in like 28, I think. You have 2 full ammos drops in very close proximity to the last point, another a little further away, and the resupply itself is pretty easy to get too. Two engineers and a heavy would be a nightmare on that last point; although, we'd probably only allow one engineer and no heavy to test it initially.

If I remember right, I think you mostly fixed the chokes between the points so you can't just spam them to keep Red out while you cap.

Idk, we might just play it to see if it plays differently from how I think it would, would probably be interesting for a scrim or two, anyway.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, ended up pugging the new version of Aqueous, Karst, and Process. Was interesting playing three maps that have water you can use to rj out of really effectively.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Doing some more pugs tonight, probably starting around 8est. Since it's basically the off season now, I'm planning to really test some of the better maps we've already played to see if we can find something that can go into the rotation next season.

So, yeah, I'm thinking about picking like one of the maps on my short list of those that were fun and could really work in a league, and playing that map multiple times a pug session and maybe just introduce one new map a week or whenever people get bored testing the same map. Hopefully it works out all right.

Also, for those who aren't really keeping track, these are the maps we've played so far in the group (in no particular order):

cp_axle
cp_mainline
cp_tidal
cp_collis
cp_arcana
cp_bunk
cp_revanant x2
cp_grack
cp_crossroads
cp_stark
cp_integrity
cp_antiquity
cp_bazillion
cp_fallout x2
cp_petrol
koth_trotim1 x2
koth_watermill
koth_peaks x2
koth_pro_viaduct x3
cp_aqueous x2
cp_karst
cp_process

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks, Fr0zen, I'll try to check it out.

Edit: Played koth_peaks, cp_metalworks, and cp_process tonight.

Last edited:

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
I've been talking to pingu for a while today about getting some of the maps we've played in this group into the pug.na rotation. He selected these maps to add: cp_arcana, cp_process, cp_stark, koth_peaks, cp_integrity, and cp_metalworks. So, hopefully there will be even more testing for those maps.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Played koth_pro_viaduct and koth_stark tonight. I assume YM made koth_stark but I couldn't find a map thread for it (I found the map on TF2F) so I'll just post the stv for it here and hope it gets to the right place:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vol5mkwqc2472ic

Stark played all right, until we realized how powerful an engie and a heavy could be. At the end, both team's were running a sniper, an engie, and a heavy. The sentries were really annoying and the ramps/walkways up to the point were so small that it was really dangerous to use them, but a medic doesn't really have any other option to access the point. The cap time on the point seemed really long too.

Also, there are a lot of places where you can hide sticks in rocks and props:

In this rock

In this rain gutter pipe:

In this rock:

And this rock, basically, every rock on the map that's big enough