Mesaworks

PL Mesaworks Final

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
eQRbMHN.png

Welcome to the Eclipse!

"Eclipse" - is a large single-stage Payload map with a varied style and gameplay, themes set in the industrial desert of the 20th century, consisting of 4 points.

Plot:
Red team has aquired a huge supply of electricity, becoming the leading source of nuclear and solar energy. Blue team's feeling a bit jealous... (well, mainly because they do not have such a cool POWER STATION!) so they decide the best course of action is to destroy everything. Red team must defend their power station at all cost, and they must do it quickly, because the eclipse is coming! ;)

(I do apologize for my bad English, as I've written before, it's not my native language)

lCHusBN.jpg

Last edited:

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
This looks pretty cool. 'Specially for something that came right outta the blue. I uploaded it (a1) to the tf2m servers so it'll get tested at some point.

Prolyfic

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 19, 2014
It's normal when you choose and update the map name (today or 20/03) I get a eclipse ? (trully happends in Paris !!)

Anyway, detailled and perfect for a alpha

Last edited:

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Thank you all for testing! I will try to fix all huge problems like: fullbrightness and fsp dropping probloem soon. + fix some balance problems.

Prolyfic

Dec 19, 2014
Thank you all for testing! I will try to fix all huge problems like: fullbrightness and fsp dropping probloem soon. + fix some balance problems.

Okay but it's not happend to the game (your fullbrightness). I said it's happening in real life ._.

Anyway, I found some other bugs about... the bomb floating :O

Prolyfic

Dec 19, 2014
Bugs founds on this map :

- The entire map is laggy :/
- Glass are glitchy (only in BLU spawn (1) )
- A "HUD" appears and say (Alpha built)
- Missing overlays

Other things :

- This map can be only be in beta (outside) and alpha (inside)
- It's just me. The map has the same size and the same location as Badwater

Easter egg :

- In the death pit (or final point), you can see a RED robot enginner taunting ;) (and if the bomb explode, he still alive and continue taunting. What is that engy)
- In the first blue spawn, you can see a sign with the develloper of this map

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
Um - I just saw this over at gamebanna - said someone else created it - or it's under 'submitted by' dude's name and under that it says creator giving the impression that it was created by him.

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/185143

Oct 6, 2008
great - didn't want someone else taking credit for the map you made :)

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
From HH:

Was a really solid start, needs some work. Specifically, directing players around, as it was definitely confusing where to go at times.

There's a lot of sliding doors, with or without grates sometimes, on the map. I wasn't always completely sure what purpose they served or whether they'd open both ways or not - especially some of the solid doors like near the sniper battlements of the first point felt kind of pointless and meant the area felt more claustrophobic than it had to be.

Speaking of sniper battlements, there's a lot of battlements around the map that aren't particularly used for sniping as there tend to be better and safer spots nearby. Especially at last and first there were some big sightlines that could be helped if the battlements were actually the best spots.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Map has been updated:

a3: - 04-02-2015 (33 build):
- fixed long respawn time (red team);
- more health kits & ammo paks;
- moved second & third blue spawn;
- added third red spawn;
- more gameplay stable;
- much brighter environment;
- final point redesign;
- some passages removed;
- some passages added;
- stuck player ("a" pont) fix;
- other redesign;
- some other fixes.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Map has been updated:

a4: - 04-08-2015 (36 build):

- dynamic eclipse added!; :thumbup1:
- fixed LDR cubemaps;
- added fake doors ("B" & blue spawn);
- other redesign;
- arrows added;
- passage added ("b" - point);
- added rollback cart logic;
- player stuck fixes;
- added gate doors ("a", "b" - "c", "d" points);
- some other fixes.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Hey, I'm back. A couple quick made screenshots of the upcoming major update. My "ECLIPSE" going to the beta.
Also, do not pay attention to visual defects, I'm still working on it.

Last edited: