Votes: 26 27.7%
  • #28 - Drexen

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
You don't have to vote, you know. Better to not vote than to vote badly.

I do not think I voted badly...

Besides most of the downloads dont have the amount of total votes...

Last edited:

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
I'm not going to run them all either. I don't think it's disrespectful in any way - given the level of the competition, for around twenty of these maps I can tell from the screenshots that I'm not going to vote for them. Whether it is because of bad lighting, lack of personality or plain design mistakes, I don't need to run them to see that.

I will still run a small number of them, namely the ones that I can see as potential winners. Kind of a pre-selection process. I certainly see how people (including me) would find it tedious to run them all.

I'd also like to point out that from the other side, i.e. as a participant, I'm not going to feel offended or disrespected if people don't actually open my map before voting. Although that doesn't mean I'm against anyone opening it :p

dullestbulb

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2008
Perhaps to counter the problem of people not taking the time to go through the maps on their own, why not do it for them. Several entries (including myself) attached a fly/walk-through video which I think shows off the basic idea of the maps nicely. This way mappers could have their map seen the way they seem as best, and the viewers wouldn't have to go through the trouble of downloading and loading up dozens of entries. Videos aren't that hard to make...

Pink_Panther

L3: Member
Dec 14, 2008
All 'should win' because nobody recreated a valve intel room.

But, you ask for a vote on which 'should win', but i havent ever seen criteria on what we are looking for to determine the 'winner'. Simply 'i like that one' doesnt work because it doesnt account for, well, anything.

I think everyone's entry earned more than a reasonless vote.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Hey thanks for that mega-download zip, that's great stuff.

But for real, please don't vote until you've tried all the entries...with that zip Youme provided, not playing all the entries is just plain laziness...

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Are maps that didn't follow the name criteria dqed? if not people need to read the rules cause it's was quite tedious to rename the few when it should have been done right in the first place.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
ya know... looking at the image for mine when shrunk down like that really doesn't look good at all...

too much detail is lost with it shrunken down like that (especially as it's further shrunken to fit the page), and since there are people who are making their shortlists based off of that, can i change my "best screenshot"?
(i had assumed the best screenshot would be seen at full resolution for the voting)
i think this one would better represent my intel-room, considering the dimensions of the pics in the 28-image line up (and considering the size reduction when it's made to fit the page):
http://tf2maps.net/forums/downloads/intel_room_contest_ezekel_10003_41C.jpg

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007
Just went through all entries. There's some very nice work, and it was tough to decide a #1. Tipping my hat to Nameless for the scenic views!

Other mini hat-tips:

Incredible spytech (and creative use of haybale skybox prop) : A Boojum Snark
Atmospheric sunset: Youme
Simple yet elegant intel room : Tech
Amazing lighting : Velvet Fist Iron Glove (2nd submission)

Thanks to the authors for a great contest!

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Hopefully we'll get more than 50 votes.. that way there us at least a majority of people that can help decide. Cause as of right now we can say... about 6 people other than the map makers have voted.

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Sry for the double post, you know what would be awesome! To see if valve themselves want to vote on which ones they thought were the best and would best match what they would do for an intel room! :)

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Just played all the entries. Great work everyone! Impressive turnout for this competition. Gl to all the entries, and I can't wait to see what the next contest is!

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
just so you guys know, some people didn't name their file correctly because you can't build cubemaps if the file name is too long. Just thought I would say why me, along with others, didn't name theirs perfectly correctly

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
I named mine with a short name like intel_room for building the cube maps and then after words when I was ready to upload it I changed the name to what was required. I believe my cubemaps and everything still work right?

I'm trying to figure out what everyone likes about #26. It's good don't get me wrong, but I find the only thing I really like about it is the moving platform. Otherwise I don't really find it TF2 like at all. I could see it being in a HL2 type of deal though if HL2 had ctf that is. I dunno just my opinion but yea, kind of got me confused. I was thinking it had to be close to or similar to something valve would make. Even if it wasn't stated in the criteria. Lol. :)

Last edited:

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
I named mine with a short name like intel_room for building the cube maps and then after words when I was ready to upload it I changed the name to what was required. I believe my cubemaps and everything still work right?
No, cubemaps are lost when you change the map's filename.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
I see that I was a bit too close for my best screenshot, I think it would look bit better if the cam was farer away ;)

However, ... vote #23, please :blush:

Last edited:

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
I wish I could change my choice now, after running around the intel rooms a bit more, I want to vote for nameless now.

maxtraxv2

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2009
i like 10,11,20

ima download them and then vote!

#10 - Velvet Fist Iron Glove 2
looked the best open and seemed simple

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Looking at all those entries, I doubt I will get a vote. Everyone's done a very good job! I hope someone liked it, though. Even that would be enough to make me happy.

Anyway, I ended up voting for Youme. It was hard to choose, because I really loved Lss40's second entry as well as NameLess's entry as well. I ended up with Youme because the general idea of an outside room - sunset or not - was best executed in his entry. I wish I could pick more than one though!

PS. I wish all of you had built your cubemaps. Would've made things a bit easier when looking through the maps.