1. If the download for the map you're looking at isn't here, try checking the archives over at: The Archived Forum

management

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by HellJumper, Dec 27, 2009.

1. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    PL_MANAGEMENT​

This is a relatively short single stage payload map. Management takes place in an office building where RED is secretly hiding plans for a large spytech missile. BLU decides to blow it up (how predictable).

This map is fully working, fully textured, and fully optimized. It is still a work in progress though because this is the first version (and Murphy's law states that the first version will have glitches). I hope to playtest this map and weed out all the bugs.

Constructive Criticism please. :O

EDIT:
    Ok so I just finished playtesting this map and the biggest response from people was that it was too open (as far as the first floor and last room go). I was just wondering for those of you who playtested this what I could do to stop this wide-openness. A couple people were saying it was too long, but I will ignore that because on the contrary, it is quite small.

The fixes / glitches that need to be done so far:
    - Openness
    - Some overlays
    - Some doors apparently not working
    - A small spot of no draw that should be removed

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. Fireman

Fireman L3: Member

Thanks Received:
    And RED curses the man who convinced them that an office railway transit system would be a super awesome idea.

Gerbil, Penguin, madmaster5000 and 4 others thanked this.
  3. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    For sure. Bob's mechanics decided it was the most efficient way to deliver pizza to the CEO's office.

4. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Thanks Received:
    The map has some amaaaaaaaazing sightlines, namely the last screenshot.
    Looks very spammy due to the lack of vertical space, especially around those cubicles :O

Can't say for sure though, get it up on gameday!

HellJumper thanked this.
  5. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, as I am afmk, I can't give this map a go around. But make sure you provide lots of vertical space and levels, indoor maps often suffer from this and become very restrictive when it comes to creative flanking for the jumping classes.

6. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly what I had in mind when making this... I thought hey, the war update just came out and all so there will be spam everywhere. So I just thought why not make a non-soldier/demo friendly map?

And if you really wanna do some jumps, you can do so in the CEO's office where the roof is really, really high.

7. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Thanks Received:
    One of the many perks of being CEO of a secret missile silo.

8. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Thanks Received:
    A carpet texture would be great with this, in combination with the shiny dark grey tile texture.

9. Cornish Gamehen

Cornish Gamehen L1: Registered

Thanks Received:
    No sooner had RED built their 'miniature' model railway than some fools shove a bomb cart on there. Ironic.

HellJumper thanked this.
  10. Mr. P. Kiwi

Mr. P. Kiwi L5: Dapper Member

Thanks Received:
    This map looks great!
    Lots of open and long places... As you said "a non-soldier/demo friendly map"
    I'd be happy to see how your map is improving

HellJumper thanked this.
  11. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Thanks Received:
    I think Ravidge would have fun on this map too.

12. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Thanks Received:
    The wooden sign in the first picture looks so out of place :/

13. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    Not really sure what to do with it :/

14. keithgarry

keithgarry L2: Junior Member

Thanks Received:
    Hahaha, I really like this.
    I'm not going to question why there are train tracks running through an office building, but very good nonetheless!

HellJumper thanked this.
  15. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Thanks Received:
    The distance of the track itself isn't too big, but the corridors and rooms seem built for titans. If it were an industrial setting, the large areas wouldn't seem so out of place, but the office environment (and the props inside the environment) tend to clash with it.

I'd "fatten" interior walls and inaccessible-eyecandy rooms in order to make the corridors narrower and to break up the centers of large rooms. This has the nice side-effect of turning "Huge Room" into "Multiple paths".

There were a few places where signage was no longer valid after the route became one-way-only, etc.