1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Voting is now open for the Dynamic Control Point Contest! Voting ends on the 23rd, so make sure you join us on the servers to play the entries, and cast your vote before then.

Click here to head to the voting thread!

Model Lifesavers anyone ? Pamela and David not included 2015-08-30

Made by Acumen

1. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    Lifesavers anyone ? Raygun "Dicke Berta"

so, i kinda have a modeling blockade and am fiddling around with the "older stuff" because i want it finished and ingame, before i start some more complicated models. basically, i have this lifesavers going on, not knowing if someone might put it to use :D
    so i thought, before finishing i shall post it to see if there's any interest in getting these pieces done :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like the round ones. The bottom ones are too modern imo.

3. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    oke, i guess in the existing tf-scenarios there shall not be a place for the lifesavers. what about this raygun addition, then :)
    this was my first model trying to get the hang of the tf2-model-style. so i heavily looked at the original raygun model, as you can obviously tell. so i don't know if it shall be worth finishing this model, although the major similarities :eek:
    anyways, i'll leave it up to you guys, to judge

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Thats a pretty damn good start however I think you've gone too cartoony with it, at very minimum get some of the charictaristic TF2 brushtrokes in on your texture.

5. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    um, i thought i could change the threadname, when changing the thread title :D
    didn't work at all ^^
    thanks for your post, Youme. it's just colored polygons so far, though. since it's a rather big object for me to unwrap, i just colored it for a first wip posting :)
    texture wise i want to orientate on the original raygun, so i have that texture right in front of me :)

6. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    The model itself looks awesome, it's the texturing that needs to be touched up for TF2-ish effect.

I like the lifesavers but I can't think of any situations I'd use them in, simply because there isn't really a beach-ish theme going with TF2...which is kinda surprising because I bet someone could easily make that with clever use of the desert theme. I'm sure they'd be handy to someone, though.

7. Exuzu

Exuzu L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The lifesavers could probably be used on ctf_cruise. You'd have to ask the author of that map though. There's also another map, cp_pacyfik (If I remember the spelling) that is based largely around water that might be able to use it as well.

8. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    i would definately use the rings for premuda to round out the island-feeling

i vote yes

9. ChickenLover

ChickenLover L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm using a lifesaver model for my level cp_waterlogged. I have not released any of the assets yet. I suppose I could be convinced if people want them.

[​IMG]

10. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    shameless thread hijacking, chickenlover :p

anyways, finished my models, compiled and ingame - at least in the model viewer !
    hope you guys like it. i'll test ingame size and upload final model tomorrow morning.

[​IMG]

11. Narkissus

Narkissus L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing is that i'm using custom lifesavers that velvetfistironglove made for me already in ctf_cruise, and the non-round ones seem too "modern" to use in the map.

12. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    @Narkissus: man, i just found out about your map project ! the lifesaver models you use are really nice !

yupidu, I'm finished !
    i added some phong lines to the materials, so the lifesafers are glossy-glossy :eek:
    i tried to keep it subtle :)
    So here you go, hopefully final release of the models. If the size should be "wrong" to you, just tell me, what you think would suit better. I hope someone can use this model as a nice detail prop :)

Ingame
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  13. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Cool I will use these for sure, but could you make a neutral one also?

14. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    hm, what color would the neutral one have ?
    orange ?

edit: oke, really fast changearound ^^
    like that ?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  15. ChickenLover

ChickenLover L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack. I was just pointing out that I had one finished since you were talking about interest to finish yours. Now there are at least three different models for a lifesaver. The more the better I guess. ;)

16. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just a bit of a fix for a smidgen of dirty texture, these life savers should of been in the swamp pack.

17. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    @ChickenLover: yah, i was just kidding. i always love to look at other people's way of doing things and saving screenshots for inspiration in my reference-folder :)
    like you said, the more variations, the better !

Alright, the download-link changed since i have included the neutral version as well. i think next time, i'm gonna go straightforward with 3 skin versions :D

Download:
    http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2150

Model-Viewer-Shots
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  18. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    thx, will implement them in A7

:D

19. Chaopsychochick

Chaopsychochick L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just realized I could use something like this for my river boat in bayou and will be including them. Thanks for making this Acumen!

20. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Release two different neutral skins. One in gray, and one in orange.