1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Model Lifesavers anyone ? Pamela and David not included 2015-08-30

Made by Acumen

1. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Thanks Received:
    Lifesavers anyone ? Raygun "Dicke Berta"

so, i kinda have a modeling blockade and am fiddling around with the "older stuff" because i want it finished and ingame, before i start some more complicated models. basically, i have this lifesavers going on, not knowing if someone might put it to use :D
    so i thought, before finishing i shall post it to see if there's any interest in getting these pieces done :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    Vincent thanked this.
  2. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Thanks Received:
    I like the round ones. The bottom ones are too modern imo.

3. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Thanks Received:
    oke, i guess in the existing tf-scenarios there shall not be a place for the lifesavers. what about this raygun addition, then :)
    this was my first model trying to get the hang of the tf2-model-style. so i heavily looked at the original raygun model, as you can obviously tell. so i don't know if it shall be worth finishing this model, although the major similarities :eek:
    anyways, i'll leave it up to you guys, to judge

[​IMG]

Smetzle, The Political Gamer and YM thanked this.
  4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Thanks Received:
    Thats a pretty damn good start however I think you've gone too cartoony with it, at very minimum get some of the charictaristic TF2 brushtrokes in on your texture.

5. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Thanks Received:
    um, i thought i could change the threadname, when changing the thread title :D
    didn't work at all ^^
    thanks for your post, Youme. it's just colored polygons so far, though. since it's a rather big object for me to unwrap, i just colored it for a first wip posting :)
    texture wise i want to orientate on the original raygun, so i have that texture right in front of me :)

6. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Thanks Received:
    The model itself looks awesome, it's the texturing that needs to be touched up for TF2-ish effect.

I like the lifesavers but I can't think of any situations I'd use them in, simply because there isn't really a beach-ish theme going with TF2...which is kinda surprising because I bet someone could easily make that with clever use of the desert theme. I'm sure they'd be handy to someone, though.

7. Exuzu

Exuzu L1: Registered

Thanks Received:
    The lifesavers could probably be used on ctf_cruise. You'd have to ask the author of that map though. There's also another map, cp_pacyfik (If I remember the spelling) that is based largely around water that might be able to use it as well.

8. eerieone

aa eerieone

Thanks Received:
    i would definately use the rings for premuda to round out the island-feeling

i vote yes

9. ChickenLover

ChickenLover L2: Junior Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm using a lifesaver model for my level cp_waterlogged. I have not released any of the assets yet. I suppose I could be convinced if people want them.

[​IMG]

10. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Thanks Received:
    shameless thread hijacking, chickenlover :p

anyways, finished my models, compiled and ingame - at least in the model viewer !
    hope you guys like it. i'll test ingame size and upload final model tomorrow morning.

[​IMG]

11. Narkissus

Narkissus L5: Dapper Member

Thanks Received:
    The only thing is that i'm using custom lifesavers that velvetfistironglove made for me already in ctf_cruise, and the non-round ones seem too "modern" to use in the map.

12. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Thanks Received:
    @Narkissus: man, i just found out about your map project ! the lifesaver models you use are really nice !

yupidu, I'm finished !
    i added some phong lines to the materials, so the lifesafers are glossy-glossy :eek:
    i tried to keep it subtle :)
    So here you go, hopefully final release of the models. If the size should be "wrong" to you, just tell me, what you think would suit better. I hope someone can use this model as a nice detail prop :)

Ingame
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Gaw and The Political Gamer thanked this.
  13. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Thanks Received:
    Cool I will use these for sure, but could you make a neutral one also?

14. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Thanks Received:
    hm, what color would the neutral one have ?
    orange ?

edit: oke, really fast changearound ^^
    like that ?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  15. ChickenLover

ChickenLover L2: Junior Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack. I was just pointing out that I had one finished since you were talking about interest to finish yours. Now there are at least three different models for a lifesaver. The more the better I guess. ;)

16. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Thanks Received:
    Just a bit of a fix for a smidgen of dirty texture, these life savers should of been in the swamp pack.

17. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Thanks Received:
    @ChickenLover: yah, i was just kidding. i always love to look at other people's way of doing things and saving screenshots for inspiration in my reference-folder :)
    like you said, the more variations, the better !

Alright, the download-link changed since i have included the neutral version as well. i think next time, i'm gonna go straightforward with 3 skin versions :D

Download:
    http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2150

Model-Viewer-Shots
    [​IMG]

VelvetFistIronGlove, Smetzle, YM and 3 others thanked this.
  18. eerieone

aa eerieone

Thanks Received:
    thx, will implement them in A7

:D

19. Chaopsychochick

Chaopsychochick L4: Comfortable Member

Thanks Received:
    Just realized I could use something like this for my river boat in bayou and will be including them. Thanks for making this Acumen!

20. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Thanks Received:
    Release two different neutral skins. One in gray, and one in orange.