Japanese Sunset Skybox

Skybox Japanese Sunset Skybox 1.0

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
This is the skybox from pl_Nippon.
To use:

1. Unzip the download folder into your "tf" folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\YOURNAME\team fortress 2\tf).
  2. In the Hammer Editor, open up your map properties and change your sky to sky_nippon_01.
  3. I recommend using Viaduct's lighting. Too pink will wash out all the players and make it hard to tell which team is which. Viaduct's lighting is ambiguous enough to work, yet it doesn't wash out players.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
:s

I'm pretty sure Japan isn't on planet Pink and that it is, in fact, under the same blue sky we have here.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
But this is TF2, remember? An artist's creativity shouldn't be limited to the real world. The TF2 world is completely different. It’s a place where artists and mappers alike can improve and share their creations without the limits of reality. It’s a place where you can fight in towering castles and build sentries to demolish you’re foes. It’s a place where you can always express your love of dogbread and technology.

But most of all...

...You can get promotional items and hats.

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
If it's that big of a deal, I could adjust it once I get to my other computer to more match the TF2 color palette. sky_nippon_02 would seem appropriate.

This is actually a recolor of Gravel Pit's sky and I initially stuck to the reds of the palette, but I deemed it too red and lightened it a tad. I could adjust it to be more like one of the oranges of the palette, if you guys like.
I initially chose red to emulate a kind of "red dawn", red being more of a Japanese-y color. That's also one of the reasons why I chose to create a new sky rather than use a pre-existing one.

But if you guys would like, I could just do a recolor later to make it more orange and along the lines of the actual color palette.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
I think it's quite a beautiful skybox.

Although I do agree that you've overdone the pink. I don't mind the colour, I'd just like a little less of it.