Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
FB10F35763B4B4FE0FC62812B7680DAD67787F69

Vis issue. Disembodied roofs.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Ran this with HH yesterday, was great fun (we've been running Sunshine on our server for a while now, too, so we were predisposed to like it).

For some reason people kept going the wrong way to mid (including me), getting into the area with the fence at the right of the third screenshot rather than going into the hallway to the left. I'm not really sure what made that confusing, but another big arrow for idiots like me might help.

Playing it people felt it was very hard to push out to second from last and vice versa because the corridors in between allowed little sight of enemy players before getting murdered around a corner - although that partially may have been due to the engineers on both teams staling that particular round. Last itself was very fun to fight around.

Middle point was awesome - very fun to sneak up on the crates and fire down below, felt like a very smart but simple layout. Good stuff, looking forward to future editions.

Mar 23, 2010
those are some good as heck suggestions from b4nny

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Really like what you've done with Harbour and I think the map has found a great home with you.

I'm out of the loop but here's my impressions from today's earlier test. Keep in mind I haven't played this since a16, and I haven't played TF2 before last week for a year or two.

New mid is good, but I hate the visibility.

5K5UhfQ.jpg

I ended up seeing this a lot, and I started to really hate it. It's the easiest route to approach from and also the worst, and I guess that makes some sense, but please make it better. I can only see my team's container and closet, and everything else is blocked. Also, there's health/ammo I can't see, and the enemy team tended to hold there a lot as it was really advantageous to anyone coming through that door.

Then, as soon as I move forward a bit, I'm prey to the entire enemy team. Snipers can hang back over the opposite crates or snipe from the corner of their container thing. Just kinda sucks.

6JraYD8.jpg

I think the better thing here would be just to switch your metal brush wall with the 512u security fence. I think that would make approaching a lot better, and mid is still set up so that teams can react, hold it, and fight back accordingly. As in, put the opaque wall where the fence is now--don't make them both fences.

You get kind of a similar issue here:

MUrdh8B.jpg

I was thinking a small window either to the side of the door or above it might help.

I really like the design of this building, with exposed studs:

4DxxnlP.jpg

I will likely steal it.

Also I marked something in the gameday because I could stand on it, and I was wondering if it was an oversight, but after playing a bit more and finding a nearby trick jump, I realized it was probably intentional, and if not I think you ought to leave it in anyway because it's great for spies or medics and not really a big deal either. Also I found some stairs with the wrong texture and marked them.

Overall A+ great changes when is Valve buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.