Hammer's 3d view is bugged

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

bomc

L2: Junior Member
Sep 25, 2008
Yeah, this has happened for me too, sometimes it helps just to click on something, and sometimes it helps to change the view and back (ex. change it to 2d view and back).
I hope they will fix it soon, cos its getting annoying :/

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
For some reason, when I closed my friends list, it didnt glitch out at all. Try closing all Steam windows and see if does a difference for you too.

NightHawK

L3: Member
Mar 1, 2008
Been searching around, found a Work Around this whole mess.

hammer3dglitchworkaroun.png

I tried it and it worked.

After you open your map. Go to your task manager and end GameOverlayUI.exe and that should fix it until Valve fixes it.

Warchamp7

L2: Junior Member
Apr 4, 2009
Been searching around, found a Work Around this whole mess.

hammer3dglitchworkaroun.png

I tried it and it worked.

After you open your map. Go to your task manager and end GameOverlayUI.exe and that should fix it until Valve fixes it.

I'm gonna confirm this as working, haven't had a problem yet after ending the Game Overlay

Aug 19, 2008
Jup, working perfectly, it would certainly be better if it was fixed rightaway, but it´s only 4 clicks once you start hammer, shouldn´t be that much of a problem for everyone willing to map :)

so gogogo!!! just 74 days left

May 23, 2009
Jup, working perfectly, it would certainly be better if it was fixed rightaway, but it´s only 4 clicks once you start hammer, shouldn´t be that much of a problem for everyone willing to map :)

so gogogo!!! just 74 days left

Just disable the overlay all together, it shouldnt be that much bother I hardly use it anyway.

Howling

L1: Registered
Jun 16, 2009
I want to confirm this.

I turned off all notices in Steam when Friends or Messages appear. That seemed to do the trick.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
I sacrifice a goat and do a tribal dance and that makes it go away for me.

HoundDawg

L1: Registered
Dec 18, 2007
Yes, once I shutdown everything and restarted steam and hammer, this annoying issue is gone like it never existed.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
hey guys I got a solution thanks to supertoaster

Control+Alt+Delete -> Processes Tab

End the process GameOverlayUI

TA-DA!

the only downside is you have to do this every time you start hammer.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Not only is he too late, that has been posted repeatedly in this very thread. :p