Hammer glitches Overlays while in Texture Mode (No shaded)

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
Title says it all. Hammer glitches the overlays and they keep flickering.

I'm in normal Textured Polygons mode, Not shaded texture polygons.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Pretty sure that's normal.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
your textures are more or less doubled, causing the flickering, its normal, but two textures on the same level will fight for view ability.

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
your textures are more or less doubled, causing the flickering, its normal, but two textures on the same level will fight for view ability.
This only applies to brushes, not overlays. It could be that you've put the overlay over 2 brushes and Hammer doesn't know which to render it on

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
It's really two textures not seamlessly fitting, overlays or not, the same texture on two brushes can glitch. So it's hammer derping in all senses, and last I checked: hammer didn't mess with overlays as they would only render on single brushes, and divisions would break them, or be cut at the seam line.

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
It's really two textures not seamlessly fitting, overlays or not, the same texture on two brushes can glitch. So it's hammer derping in all senses, and last I checked: hammer didn't mess with overlays as they would only render on single brushes, and divisions would break them, or be cut at the seam line.
Z-fighting only occurs on brushes. Hammer does mess with overlays because they only render on single brushes. I'll put this here again so you can read it:
It could be that you've put the overlay over 2 brushes and Hammer doesn't know which to render it on

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
I've been getting this problem with the caution tape texture. I'm pretty sure that's meant to be used as an overlay...
The hazard tape texture has an overlay version and a non-overlay version. Make sure you're using the one that has "overlay" on it. (Or "decal"... I forget which.)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
This only applies to brushes, not overlays. It could be that you've put the overlay over 2 brushes and Hammer doesn't know which to render it on
This shouldn't be an issue either, though, since what Source does with overlays (and possibly also decals? ...no, I think decals are different and that's why they're locked to a certain scale and orientation) is to float it a barely perceptible distance away from the brush it's on; you'll notice this if you try to stretch one across a convex corner and apply it to both faces, because there'll be a tiny gap between the two that you can never get rid of.