PL gloryhole b1

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Stop stealing my map names you cunts.

pl_helicopter... i mean pl_gloryhole_a2

Change log:
Fixed transparency of BLU alt setup door.
Fixed Open command for BLU alt setup door.
Fixed parent issue with large BLU setup gates.
Fixed syncronisation of CP3 elevator with payload.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Something keeps crashing me randomly. I crashed 4 times on gloryhole without warning. Someone else was talking about crashing too.

Edit: 7 times.

Last edited:

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Did anything come up in the console or were you crashing to desktop? It can't be a server problem since you played lyra immediately afterwards, but when we still had 19-21 players present i'm not sure what the map could be doing to crash only a couple people...

Someone mentioned pre-cache errors, but nothing like that was showing up in my console.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
A2 crashed me to the desktop too. First after I'd been playing on it for a few minutes, and then as soon as I tried to join, and then as soon as I tried to join again.

And your cubemaps are still missing.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
cubemaps were fine for me and i know they couldn't have been missing because i have both the files saved with and without, i can see by the file size; and the one without is what kicked me from the server.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
pl_gloryhole_a3

Change log:
-Resolved bad 5MinsRemaining I/O.
-Reduced HDR by 10%.
-Fixed hollow pipe behind last.
-Added medium health to support rocket jumping onto CP3 ledge.
-Increased small health to medium on left flank of CP2.
-Added additional signage.
-Removed various lighting fixture collisions.
-Increased speed of cart as it rolls into the pit so it doesn't "hover" for 2-3 seconds.
-Added various details, foliage, displaced roofs, crates, etc.

Custom content should all be packed and the cubemaps are done.

P.S. People have been confusing the purple checkers for missing cubemaps in previous versions, this is not the case, they have been textures with missing alpha channels/vtf's. So please lay off the "missing cubemap" spam during tests and !fb.

2012-04-19_00002.jpg

2012-04-19_00003.jpg

2012-04-19_00010.jpg

2012-04-19_00004.jpg

2012-04-19_00005.jpg

2012-04-19_00006.jpg

2012-04-19_00007.jpg

2012-04-19_00008.jpg

2012-04-19_00011.jpg

2012-04-19_00013.jpg

2012-04-19_00014.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
it's a pretty cool map

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
P.S. People have been confusing the purple checkers for missing cubemaps in previous versions, this is not the case, they have been textures with missing alpha channels/vtf's. So please lay off the "missing cubemap" spam during tests and !fb.

I resent that! I can tell the difference perfectly well, thank you. For one thing,

aglowybox.jpg

missing textures do not cause signage props to glow.

That's from A3, by the way. I don't know where your cubemaps are going when you build them, but I can guarantee that they're not going where the game is looking for them.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
I resent that! I can tell the difference perfectly well, thank you. For one thing,

aglowybox.jpg

missing textures do not cause signage props to glow.

That's from A3, by the way. I don't know where your cubemaps are going when you build them, but I can guarantee that they're not going where the game is looking for them.

cubes.jpg

The bsp says otherwise. What you're look at is my excessively high HDR, probably. Do you have any other evidence to say the cubes aren't working? For example, in actual reflections that use the cubemaps, the water that is found throughout the map, the snipers scope perhaps? Because if they're not working i really need to troubleshoot it and get it resolved before submission. As it is, HL2.exe is biulding the cubes fine as far as the console is aware, the cubes are showing up in the bsp fine as far as compression software is concerned, it's just a bunch of people screaming at missing textures as far as i can see at the moment because they're like a broken record, too used to seeing and saying "purple checkers = no cubes". Missing cubes aren't the only thing to cause checkers and the only checkers have been on faces using missing custom textures.

Last edited:

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Well, there is this:

wellthereisthis.jpg

I assume that's stock water. And I know that's stock window glass.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I don't know what exactly it is but I did see a lot of purple checkerboards including the water and windows and some walls

also the height differences seem huge, last point generally very overscaled

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
cubemaps were fine for me and i know they couldn't have been missing because i have both the files saved with and without, i can see by the file size; and the one without is what kicked me from the server.

All screenshots shown here will say that you have a cubemap issue. You also seem to have same issue i had and still kind of have. I have cubemaps built and i do see them you they never saved into the bsp so no one else cannot see them. You have them in /tf/materials/maps/yourmapname/ saved though, which is why you and only you see them. I'm kind of relieved that there are others with same issue. Here's what i found out about it so far http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=19147

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well, there is this:

wellthereisthis.jpg

I assume that's stock water. And I know that's stock window glass.

Yea, those are missing cubemaps alright. Thanks for clarifying.

All screenshots shown here will say that you have a cubemap issue. You also seem to have same issue i had and still kind of have. I have cubemaps built and i do see them you they never saved into the bsp so no one else cannot see them. You have them in /tf/materials/maps/yourmapname/ saved though, which is why you and only you see them. I'm kind of relieved that there are others with same issue. Here's what i found out about it so far http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=19147

The cubes are showing in the bsp though, my screenshot shows that they're there, imbedded.

The only thing i can think of is that Hammer saves my bsp to two locations, my tf2 maps folder and my steam directory. This is because i cannot save files directly to my SDK (or any other steam directory for that matter) because my account name is an email address and steam has borked up directories that use the @ symbol (it's been this way for around 2 years now). So there's the off chance i've been building cubemaps, but the bsp i've uploaded was the one without cubes.

also the height differences seem huge, last point generally very overscaled

Do you find this is a big issue? The last area has a 256 unit height scale which is exactly the same as badwater and goldrush's last. The only thing adding to the difference is the water which is another 256 units deep, but is not something that is used greatly as play space.

I could possibly lower some of the higher ledges to 192 units, from 256.

Last edited:

ics

aa
Jun 17, 2010
Yeah i can also pack cubemaps into the bsp myself on my own map and they show up when i dig in to the file but they still fail to work if i do so on this machine. Your issue is likely the same as mine, cubemaps do not save into the bsp upon build for reasons unknown and even packing them fails to work. The cubemaps save works for me in other games, L4D2, CS Source but not in TF2 for some reason. I have currently no idea how to fix it.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
We'll see, Sword, the console shows that my cubes are fine and pakrat shows that cubes are being saved into the bsp. I'll have to make sure someone lets me know that cubes are done in my next upload (which i'm sure you whiney lot will do ;)). That way i'll know that cubes are an issue on my end and not just a file version issue.

ics

aa
Jun 17, 2010
One question, "pakrat shows cubes are being saved". If you forget pakrat and take a GCFScape and open your map bsp from /tf/maps/mapname.bsp with it, do you see the cubemaps there at all?