Gameday XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
can I make 2 suggestions for gameday? these are just to think about, they don't need to be implemented immediately.

1. no gimmick maps? or maybe all gimmick maps at the end/beginning of the day?

2. if an exploit is found, please, can we just have an "honor rule" so that people don't keep exploiting it and cheating?

I say number 2 because my map was played, and in an effort to get it ready for gameday, I did the playerclips real quick. I will change them and make them better, but if it's not near-final, WHY are people worrying about playerclips? I want to know any gameplay, balance, and glitch issues. I realize I need fairly good playerclips, but my map was an alpha 1 and people were TRYING to get out of the map with sticky bombs and rocket jumps. why can't we just play the way we're supposed to and worry about playerclips when its a beta or something?

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I say number 2 because my map was played, and in an effort to get it ready for gameday, I did the playerclips real quick. I will change them and make them better, but if it's not near-final, WHY are people worrying about playerclips? I want to know any gameplay, balance, and glitch issues. I realize I need fairly good playerclips, but my map was an alpha 1 and people were TRYING to get out of the map with sticky bombs and rocket jumps. why can't we just play the way we're supposed to and worry about playerclips when its a beta or something?

I think in that instance, people were trying to get out of the map because that chokepoint was preventing any progress, so they were looking for alternate ways to assault the point. I think people are generally good at not exploiting bugs unless the map forces them to.

NumbersAndNoise

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2008
1. no gimmick maps? or maybe all gimmick maps at the end/beginning of the day?

This seems a little ambiguous, and I could easily see that kind of a rule being exploited, but I think that if we see a map like that then we should certainly open up the possibility of reduced time, it's not like it takes half an hour to figure out melee_ringking or whatnot.

Zipok

L2: Junior Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yeah, the playtest time is a good changeable factor during the gamedays. If a map looks like it has no real need of playtesting, or it just is plain horrible / unfinished, or the amount of playtesting needed is smaller than in the others, just reduce the playtest time a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.