Model Female Scout

Canned-Rocker

L1: Registered
Nov 24, 2009
I also doubt man.

But its our voice. And if we have a stronger choir, why not?

Afterall wouldnt be a hell of a work. Just 9 models. Its not a big thing, nothing would be added on physics and stuff... just a new model.

Believe me, its really not a damn difficult job.

Just need some people to get it and sign. Lets try.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I also doubt man.

But its our voice. And if we have a stronger choir, why not?

Afterall wouldnt be a hell of a work. Just 9 models. Its not a big thing, nothing would be added on physics and stuff... just a new model.

Believe me, its really not a damn difficult job.

Just need some people to get it and sign. Lets try.

Oh yeah. And while they're at it, why don't they redesign the physics engine. And the lighting algorithms. And the rendering engine. In fact, why don't they just re-make tf2 from the ground up, to give players choice. The 9 characters represent a good majority of valve's work, from the voices to the detailed models. As well as almost doubling the disk size of tf2, I doubt they'd spend that much time on it, all because a bunch of gamers told them to.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
The model is very nicely done, but I can't really say I'm a fan of the idea itself :\

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I disagree here. Have you ever watched women play tennis? Almost always they will wear a skirt, usually with shorts underneath.
I wonder if there are photo references available of women's softball uniforms from the period. That would be the closest gender-swapped equivalent to the Scout's outfit, I would think.

Anyway, I'm really liking how this skin is coming along. It's nice to see a female skin which fits really well with the TF2 theme. My only problem is that I wouldn't want to give up the male Scout completely. I play Scout a lot and I think it'd be great if you could get both genders. Say, RED Scout female, BLU male?
I would do it the other way around, honestly. If only because we've already "met" the RED Scout and know he's a dude. Either way, since there's going to be some disagreement on this, if the mod could be designed so you can choose which team(s) to give the new model to, that would be cool.

Anyway, this seems to be coming along really nicely. I can only imagine all the work that goes into this kind of thing, considering it's just a cosmetic enhancement. Makes me realize how handy the simple, cartoony character designs really are.

Canned-Rocker

L1: Registered
Nov 24, 2009
if this is a mod, it has to be served, right? or else just we would see it, is that right?

how can we make it watchable by another players?

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
You can't except if you make it a compulsory download on your server.

Which everyone will hate you for.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
It probably will never work unless some-one gets sewed for being sexist when they haven't.
Female charcter models i can now see are pointless and will just constantly get targeted by perves.

However if you want it that badly take a vote and find out how many fem's play tf2,

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
No voice pack? I was going to use this, but that's kind of a game breaker. You couldn't find any voice talent? :(

I was about to say, there's got to be someone out there. I could even strangle a few people I knew from the MSU theater dept if you're interested.

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
I could do the voice acting...But I'm not a woman so it may sound stuiped...

General_Norris

L2: Junior Member
Nov 16, 2009
Wow this is amazingly good! It keeps the basic shape of the scout so you recognize her instantly but it does look gender-swaped.

I'm all for selecting sex for all TF2 characters as long as they are all amazing like this one. Of course the Pyro will look exactly the same in both versions :)

It's a bit of politically correct history but , who cares? The only important thing is not making them attractive, all TF2 characters are pretty much your average-looking guys.