Experimental Gamemode: Turf Wars (tw_) [Beta]

UltimentM

L1: Registered
May 4, 2014
Afternoon everyone,
I've had this on the backburner for a while now, and while I have told myself to make a map for it, I haven't, so I'm releasing it to the public for everyone to try out!

Introducing Turf Wars! (tw_)
BDoOTyI.jpg

Look at all those points!

Similarly to the gamemode in the Splatoon series, the objective is simple; your team must cap the most control points by the end of the round in order to win!
There are 7 control points in all and you have 6 minutes to fight over, so if all points have been capped by either team, theres no stalemates. 7 seems like a good number of points, and each point can be capped individually in roughly 5 seconds. It is somewhat similar to KOTH I admit, but hopefully the differences here are enough to be a fun experience, especially considering it supports a TDM experience.

For the logic, I've used a counter system and a compare to count how many points each team has.
QzayIga.jpg

Ooh! Fancy!

Though I still have a lot of kinks to work out; If both teams own an even amount of points, the team who capped a point most recently will win, and there is no overtime if there are even points. Any pointers here would appreciated.

As I said, I haven't made a map specifically for this mode, but I do have an attached vmf containing all the logic, so if you want to take a crack at making a map for this mode, be my guest! Just be sure to credit me! :D

Attachments

• tw_logic.vmf
    69 KB · Views: 227

Pigzit

L2: Junior Member
Aug 2, 2017
I'd love to! This looks like so much fun. Thanks for the gamemode and newfound ideas!

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
It sounds like an improved version of Territory Control.

Count me in!