PL Escarpment

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Double post, but:
028.png

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I have uploaded a8 now. I havn't had it tested yet, but it fixes;

The choke, hopefully, by adding a new path, opening that door and fixing a bit of the sniper line,
widens the opening are out a bit, hopefully making it less spammy,
fixes the magical log once and for all (I promise)

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
what will happen to me if i stand there before the clip enables? :p

edit: you could just make the claw nonsolid. its small enough for that. also, the log clips through me if i stand on it while it's being lifted up. only way i know to fix that is to use func_tracktrain for the log collisions.

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
So todays test had very little feedback besides the little nigglies (like that accursed log getting jammed by Doom...)

I'm starting to think that it may be time to pull out for a while and work on a beta. Probably 1 or 2 more alphas at most.

Beta will be a hefty chunk of work, artpass (I have big plans for things), the finale will require some fancy models, particles and animations. Lots of displacements, optimizations, and custom content to go in. Should be fun.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Opening Area: a1 -> a10

Point A: a1 -> a10

Point B: a1 -> a10

Point C: a1 -> a10

Final Point: a1 -> a10

Dynamic Element: a1 -> a10

I have uploaded a10, both to the thread and servers. The next version you will see (probably in a while) will be beta 1, fully artpassed. Any major layout complains should be given soon, or else I'll be a lot more unlikely to change it.

And a sample: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2347130/escarpment/039.png

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Aly seems to have a lot of free time. Have you changed your building that houses the dynamic element since a4? I remember that being a camp fest, or an incredibly fast blitz by BLU. I cant check the map on my phone so I will when I get the chance. I think you should do more testing before going into beta after JUST 2 weeks.