Edifice

CP Edifice RC1

JeanPaul

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 5, 2010
Am I the only one that finds Mountain Lab insanely well detailed and actually has a great atmosphere and the keeps the feel of "I'm breaking through a secret base" that really few maps have?

Nope I think its great and youd be surprised to find the map is actually played a fair amount. Actually I am about to go play in a 24/7 mountainlab server for 4 hours straight :D

Limeaide

L2: Junior Member
Jul 26, 2009
I'd lose the laser on C if I was you. It'd make the map feel a little more distinct from gravelpit.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
I'd lose the laser on C if I was you. It'd make the map feel a little more distinct from gravelpit.

Way ahead of you. :p Already got a redesign set for C and have pretty much bulldozed a good portion of some of the side buildings. Probably going to keep the stupid amount of missiles because I can, though

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
...Mountain Lab... keeps the feel of "I'm breaking through a secret base" that really few maps have
Mountain Lab's C building has too conspicuous of a façade to reasonably qualify as a secret anything. And it stands out from its environment too much to be masquerading as something else (like the bases in most official maps) either.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
D03F8950A52F3E85CACD2EA3E7B32229332E8599

Nodraw brush accidentally overlapping stuff I guess.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Hot off the press, and quickly made at that...
Edifice B3 (Test 1, there are two test versions, second coming later...)

DOWNLOAD- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84556731/cp_edifice/cp_edifice_b3_test1.bsp.bz2

Changelog (so far, this isn't final B3!!)
- Prop detailing in many places
- Streamlined detailing in general
- Flattened roof at B
- Added clip ramp to window at B
- Eliminated many holes that rockets or sightlines could head through
- Trimmed down on sightlines on B
- Removed ramp to upper connector lobby
- Removed ammo around upper connector lobby
- Moved ammo on C point to behind the point
- Made two small ammo packs on A and B medium to encourage sentry setups
- Clipped a lot
- Blockbulleted a lot of lips to prevent wonky rocket and blast registration
- Tiny technical changes
- Fog editing
- Texture editing
- Custom prop replacement and optimization
- A few little extras to spice up the map a bit

Screenshots of the somewhat-completed detailing:
2013-03-30_00005.jpg

2013-03-30_00006.jpg

2013-03-30_00007.jpg

2013-03-30_00008.jpg

2013-03-30_00010.jpg

2013-03-30_00009.jpg

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
B3 RELEASED --
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84556731/cp_edifice/cp_edifice_b3.bsp.bz2

Changelog:
- Added extra flank route from B>C connector to C
- DUSTMOTES!!
- Added cover to C in general
- Added a little cover to B
- Made most power 3 displacements into power 2
- General technical issues
- Reworked some detailed props and func_details to use brushes
- General Optimization
- Clipped off holes on C spire

Screenshots:
2013-04-18_00001.jpg

2013-04-18_00002.jpg

2013-04-18_00003.jpg

2013-04-18_00004.jpg

Last edited:

Bloodhound

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 3, 2011
Seems like everything is packed right. I haven't seen any errors or magenta textures.

However, this is a bit annoying. Please fix it in the next version.

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/wood_patch1_small.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/wood_patch4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/sawmill_window1a.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/sawmill_window1a.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_pine01_4cluster.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/train_tunnel_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/wood_patch4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_spytech/rocket002_skybox.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_spytech/rocket_tower_skybox.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_skybox/skycards_forest512bump.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_skybox/skycards_forest512bump.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_pine01_4cluster.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/train_tunnel_01.mdl)

Sep 7, 2012
PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

cp_edifice_b40001.jpg

Turn this and all other capzone markers into func_doesnotclipwithplayer, or whatever it is actually called.

It's a small thing but every time I jump while going onto the stairs I hit it.

The other solution is to use an overlay instead but I'm guessing you wanted to keep it a brush so that the people with disabled overlays can see it (i.e: 75 % of the competitive community).

Also we've got some z-fighting here, about 32 units worth of overlap.

cp_edifice_b40002.jpg

Last edited:

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
post because i forgot to do this yesterday

cp_edifice_test2

After the recent UGC season(s) that have played this map, I have gathered, disregarded, and contemplated many paragraphs of feedback.
I have no idea if it amounted to anything, though, so I decided to hold back an official rc1 release and instead release a "test" version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84556731/cp_edifice/cp_edifice_test2.bsp.bz2

- A was given a place to defend, where you can't get jumped on and has a decent amount of cover - through tests, this has proven to make the point more defensible and a more viable choice to defend first instead of B.
- B's right side (relative to BLU) was given a raise, which in turn made that area more useful, and which inadvertently made the point a little easier to attack (it seems).
- C got lowered by around 100 units, more or less.
- One of the flanks to C (left side relative to BLU) was removed
- Pretty much every little glitch from the old versions was fixed.

Last edited: