Contest showcase video

Swordz

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 27, 2009
Dude, I thought you'd quit! I cant wait to see what your finished is!
Post some pics in your thread.

I was func_viscluster in the chat :p

i almost quitted. 20 days ago my pc broke while i was making the map. I thought "holy shit i lost the map!" but the pc turned on another time and i could backup it. While my pc was broking i was another pc that runs tf2 at 2 fps. That shit broke too while i was making the map. I tried to turn on that thing so many times, that it turned on and i backuped the map again. 1 week after the second pc broke, my pc was fixed and now i think i finished it :p

Last edited:

Swordz

Jun 27, 2009
i'm having problems to compile my map because for some reason vvis is now taking 3 times longer to compile, even if the portal count is exactly the same.

Huckle

L3: Member
May 31, 2010
I think this is a great idea, extending the life of all the non-winning maps and being great inspiration for themes/details for other maps. Having 10-20 seconds of a theme and then switching to the next one will probably work wonders on a day when your head is too full for own ideas.

I'd be glad to have my entry in a video but I have no clue about how to actually record. :S

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
I'd be glad to have my entry in a video but I have no clue about how to actually record. :S

Get FRAPS.

Run FRAPS.

Run game.

Hit F9.

Hit F9 when done.

I always do record demos first, as they're much smaller in file size, you can tweak the camera movement (well, I can't, as any attempt to do so crashes the game for me), and it gives you a chance to review it before committing it to tape. You can even record with the HUD on then turn it off when replaying the demo when you FRAPS it.

Nov 14, 2009
I was planning on making one of my own, would you be mad grim D:?

yes

Huckle, the idea is I make the video for you, so you dont have to.

New rule: I will put your map in the video if you dont post but it might now be where you want it to be. So post here. Now.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
yes

Huckle, the idea is I make the video for you, so you dont have to.

New rule: I will put your map in the video if you dont post but it might now be where you want it to be. So post here. Now.

Need I do anything? or will you do everything?

Nov 14, 2009
I just wanted it so that people could say where they wanted me to shoot (ie, B to C hallway)
so that I would get their best detailing work.

I guess I just shouldnt have bothered posting this...

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
End on a shot going down the cracks in my one, last thing you see: blinking glowing eyes against black.

Great ending.

:D

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
Well it seems most unfinished ones were because of technical issues such as bsp-packing that people ran into because of bad planning (like me) and trying to submit last minute.

Am I too late to have my map in the video?

Swordz

Jun 27, 2009
Put whatever you want from my map, but i have preference on A + the tunnel to the way to B

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
Well it seems most unfinished ones were because of technical issues such as bsp-packing that people ran into because of bad planning (like me) and trying to submit last minute.

Well don't the rest of us feel smug about the 1 week grace period to fix game-breaking issues, such as models and textures not packed. :p

AFTER THE END OF THE CONTEST, THERE WILL BE A GRACE PERIOD OF ONE WEEK BEFORE THE ENTRIES ARE SENT TO VALVE IN ORDER FOR YOU TO FIX GAMEBREAKING BUGS (Say, you didn't pack in your custom skybox, or you forgot your capture point models, etc.). PM ME IF YOU WANT TO FIX SOMETHING, AND WE'LL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
I'd like my one to be in too, maybe show point C from upside and then go down and show the spy base under it, and maybe if theres some time left, slide in a slice of A