Compile doesn't work

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I'll have to make up a simple test map for you and then compile something when I have nothing better for my machine to do - lol
I remember you saying you did it before, didn't you take screenshots of the thing back then?

Oct 6, 2008
Unfortunately no - it was part of the summer 72 hour mapping contest and I was pulling my hair out trying to get the thing done - my compile was taking 2 hours to do on a simple map - there was a huge discussion on the chat forums about it as to what was causing my rad lag - someone looked at the vmf and eventually discovered that I had the lighting going sideways.
I'm going to be busy for the next 4-5 days maybe I'll set that map up again with the lighting thing and let rad run it's process again

Oct 6, 2008
All I ever do when compiling is watching some YouTube or general web browsing. And as I said, even with -threads set to a lower number it's still taking all the threads, it just doesn't use everything at full load.

Use VBCT - you can compile and still use your machine - might get a little slow but not lock it up like hammer.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Use VBCT - you can compile and still use your machine - might get a little slow but not lock it up like hammer.
I already do. At full 100% CPU usage of the compiler it still grinds the system to a halt, to a point where it won't even load web pages. So 7 threads it is.