KotH Cold Breach

Aug 23, 2008
As a soldier, if someone got below the point you would have to get them out of there to continue the cap. That means dropping down. Now, if you want to get back up, you can either rj, burning up health, or walk pretty far around to get back into position. I think getting rid of the lower cap is a good idea, it only ever serves as a way to block a capture, not actually cap the point effectively.

As for jumping onto the middle point, you can def do it if you strafe jump, or angle yourself correctly at a distance, but its very hard in the middle of a chaotic battle to get that perfect position all the time. What I would notice is I would jump and get hit by a scattergun shot right into the big cylinder thing up top, and then not be able to adjust myself back onto the point. As Wax pointed out, my jumps were crap (I don't usually pug soldier, and I hadn't played for like a week) but I do think that adjusting the size of the top part a bit could make landing on the lip of the cap point a bit better. That, or adding tiny lip ledges on the angled sides, so you can land just a bit on the point before you walk on it (have to watch out for jumping up from below and hitting your head though).