Clarify

KotH Clarify rc3

SleepKiller

L1: Registered
Feb 11, 2016
Clarify - A simplistic map set in the Process/Gorge art style.

A couple months ago I started making a map, for some unknown reason. Some people seem to think it’s alright so may as well release it publicly now and see if anyone else likes it.

Clarify is KOTH map set in the Gorge/Process art style with its own elements thrown in.

The main goals I had going into making this were.

-Simple art style and layout. Nothing too distracting or confusing, unless a prop was needed to add flavour to the map it didn’t make it in to the gameplay area.

-Obnoxiously good clipping. If you can get stuck on geometry or could be “jump stalled” by anything that was a huge concern to me and the map was built around preventing that from happening. Some people don’t like the detail I put in here but most seem to.

-Playable in both Competitive and pubs. By competitive the focus was Highlander because it synergized with pub play best and also I just think KOTH works best in Highlander as opposed to 6s. This did lead to some design decisions (like the wide mid) that make the map mostly unsuitable for play in formats like 6s or 4s because I felt it would harm pub play too much.

-The ability for every class to have a good time on the map. Everything is accounted for to some degree. Although I can’t guarantee all playstyles within each class will work well, I did my best to make sure no class would be left out of the fun. Well maybe except Heavy, but he is a bit of a lost cause at times. Poor Heavy.

So yeah most things in the map have their purpose and place, the artwork may be a bit too simplistic for some, I personally like it and others seem to have said the same. But overall it shouldbe reasonably balanced and fun KOTH map. Check it out if you feel like it, or don’t that is fine to.