Cashworks

PL Cashworks rc

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
mb u need to tweak lightmap scale to decrease size? it has great impact on compiled map size,as foe my it was 17.7Mb with LS=16 and 9.2Mbs with LS=32

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Make the eagle quieter. It sounds like it's taking a dive towards you, the player, but it's just gliding calmly in the background.

It also scares the crap out of me.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Make the eagle quieter. It sounds like it's taking a dive towards you, the player, but it's just gliding calmly in the background.

It also scares the crap out of me.

IMO it could be like you cannot really hear it in combat, but once have died and are walking back you could hear them clearly. Like 50 or 60 % of what it is now

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
disagree,i rly think its good as it is now,it was worse in B3,but now when frequency is tuned is good. sometimes it is loud,but otherwise u wont hear it esp. in battle. my imo, only)

anyway as i said the map is GREAT, rly the best custom payload map. u put 1000+ tonns of effort im making it, and u did rly well. Bravo!

Aug 19, 2008
haha, sometimes i think the community is divided into an angel and a devil sitting on my shoulder
the ones are whispering i should improve defenses, the others i should make it easier to attack, what´s up with that?

what i´ve seen in my map is, that an unbalanced team will not advance, it needs at least one medic, one engi, a decent sniper and spy

the medics are surely needed to push through defenses at cp1&2, whereas the engi needs to get up on a higher position to build up his sentry and hold off defenders pushing back. every time i saw an engi doing this, it was no problem for blu to advance. i designed the middle house in the first section for that purpose (big ammopack) as well as the overhanging platform above cp2, they both provide a major advantage for blu once an engi gets his gear up there

these are pretty secure positions for medics to charge their ubers, if they don´t use this secure positions or the team has no medics, yeah, then it will surely be hard to advance.
thats for me kinda the second level of balancing: forcing a certain balanced team-setup

Last edited:

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Yes, the balance is perfect.
I play b3a quite often, and it always seemed balanced for me.

Aug 19, 2008
lil´ update

there has always been the sick little child, i call him CP3, way to easy to take, too long walking distance for red, too easy cover for blu

so, my new approach (sry for not disabling models and hud)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
pl_cashworks_b3a0003.png

This is a nice little hiding spot... but something tells me it's not intentional, because once you crawl in there, you can see a bunch of nodraw faces.

Look at these two pictures...
pl_cashworks_b3a0007.png

I'm coming around the corner. But where's the door?
pl_cashworks_b3a0006.png

There it is! Half a second late, apparently.

Dunno what's wrong there, but it looks a bit funky.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
i think its a prop draw distance thing maybe? I've seen them elsewhere in the map as well, but they never bothered me

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Shmitz claims it's to do with areaportals in meridian when it happens exactly the samely.. I'm gunna run a test to see what can be done about it

kankle_king

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 31, 2009
Sorry if I have already posted this, but the optimization in the new version is RLY bad at the 1st point. After that, is gets much better, even at the hill where FPS used to be really bad its seems to be fixed there. Please help the severe FPS problems at 1st point. Thanks, we're long time fans and we all love this map. :)

Aug 19, 2008
Going for RC

Ok, for the next release i´m going for the RC

soooo

Shoot any ideas, wishes, glitches, improvements, basically everything you wanted to let out, positive or negative, BRING IT ON!

This is one of the last chances to make the call.

So, put away the satin gloves and punch on the weak spots!

:D

Apr 19, 2009
The last BLU spawn is VERY easy to spawn camp. D: With enough sentries and Demomen the BLU team can be trapped for a long time. :thumbdown: If you fixed that I think the map is almost done, other than more optimization and details. Keep up the good work I love your map!:thumbup1:

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I've always thought the less spawnpoints, the better. As such, I'd like to suggest that instead of having so much spawnpoints, you'd instead make some shortcuts to benefit both teams throughout the game, which close and open as points get captured. Very basic view:
cashworks.jpg

I don't know if that's something you'd like to change still, but what I mean here is that both RED and BLU should only have one spawn, á la Badwater, but get shortcuts for when points are captured. This makes it all less of a hassle to engineers, moving up with the spawns.

Aug 19, 2008
i had some of those in earlier versions, the complaints that came then were that people get bored seing always the same spawns and environment
also, getting a forward spawn after capturing a hard defended CP feels like a small reward and keeps the morale up. it always feels great, when you capture CP3 in badwater and then finally get that forward spawn

after the capture of CP1,i´ve been thinking on building in a little shortcut that exits where the double-doors are on the red building, but i´m not sure if that would be overpowered for blu, or somewhere below that to make it also accessable for red