Byre

ARENA Byre 2015-09-24

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I made a prefab for the 2cp gamemode, but forgot to release it! Here it is. (July 30th 2019 update: Link died. Added file as an attachment below.) I didn't actually bother checking to make sure it works (it's been a few months since I actually made this), so let me know if anything's broken.

Attachments

• aaa_2cp_arena_ents.vmf
    21.5 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Release Candidate 1 is released and ready to candidate! Unless I've packed something incorrectly, this will probably be the definitive version of Byre forever and ever.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Is it on the workshop?

Yes.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Somehow I think you managed to compile without clip brushes.

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
There are cases where round-end's particles, sounds, and shakes get triggered more than once (not sure if only on the Invasion's edition or on any). I will also mention that there was once a case where they got triggered without even winning the round. It is probably related to the use of two Control Points in Arena, but I don't really know.

The UFO's model and the 'falling' animation had to remain in the Invasion's version, but it's still one of my favorite Arena maps.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
.vmf download (rc3a)
May or may not differ from the version in the game (filename in game files is just arena_byre so Valve probably recompiled the map).

EDIT: Theres some custom content you'll need to extract from the .bsp yourself:
byre/blendgroundtodirt004.vmt
byre/fakewindow.vmt/.vtf
signs/sign_idolon_005.vmt/.vtf
metal/chicken_wire001_nocull.vmt

You should also have the Construction Pack downloaded.

Last edited:

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
I made a prefab for the 2cp gamemode, but forgot to release it! Here it is. I didn't actually bother checking to make sure it works (it's been a few months since I actually made this), so let me know if anything's broken.
This link is leading me to a 404 currently

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008