Bayou

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Buuuuump

Been a bit since an update =p

I was following this one but sad of no progress screenies =)

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
Ask and ye shall be rewarded.. Here is what I have from what I am working on, am doing some pretty hefty revamps of the layout of the mansion inside C, though it is kinda hard to show with the screen shots. But I think it should be easier for red to defend it, as I made it harder for BLU to do the rocket jumping ninja caps. Also made it so there are less walls on the bottom floor, and better divided areas on the top so it should feel better.

Also I am working revamping the detailing on A with it to hopefully culminate on this release of the ship that BLU starts on being a bit tilted and crashed upon the shore. Instead of it being pleasantly docked there.

Anyways, enjoy the screenies and let me know what ya think. :)

ctf_bayou_a5c0001.jpg

ctf_bayou_a5c0002.jpg

ctf_bayou_a5c0005.jpg

ctf_bayou_a5c0006.jpg

ctf_bayou_a5c0007.jpg

ctf_bayou_a5c0008.jpg

ctf_bayou_a5c0009.jpg

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
You're stretching out the water level marker a tad too much.

Other than that, looks great.

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
And a6 is now complete. Please download it, check it out and tell me what you think!

I hope the changes are good, especially with C, as I am hoping the layout changes there should make it more fun.

Community

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2009
D:

I was in the process of making a swamp map, koth_bayou XD bwahaha, damn, well - Name change it is :D - Nice looking map by the way :D

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
When looking at the images I get the impression that the map is huge. The number of lit windows, the long empty walls, 32 unit thick wood. It probably isnt as large as I imagine, but the atmosphere makes me feel 'lost' and tiny before even starting.

If you place some cozy warm lanters around and small shacks/houses (doesnt need to be hollow) and in general make interesting/useful paths more welcoming I would love to jump around this map.

Feb 17, 2009
Dunno if only i feel like it, but its BIG... Not like oversized, but everything is like 0.5x bigger than normal. Oh and when i dwnloaded this map and started playing it my FPS got down to 10. So it needs moar optimization.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Alright, from gameday:

- Outside is perfect, inside generally not so much. The buildings are very uninteresting as of right now.

- B is the hardest to attack, for some reason. Suggested was to make the balcony accessible via the roof with the car on it, because that's what people expect and might make it a lot easier to attack the building.

- Red has little time to fall back and set up new defenses at some points. I'm not totally sure where the intel spawned, but be sure it's not instant.

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
Thanks Tinker, I am working on some improvements to the building, that will hopefully help with the boringness.

I am adding back a ramp that was in a5, that I took out because of some revamping to other ways to the top that I think made it too powerful, though it is obvious now I am an idiot for doing that and am putting it back in (See Screenshot 2)

The intel doesn't spawn for 15 seconds, though one thing I am working on atm is to make it a little bit more linear so there are less paths that completely circumvent the point that was just captured. Though I think I am going to try and keep at least one path for that just to prevent the head to head from being all that happens.

Anyways, here is what I have now for some of my building revamps if you care to share thoughts. :)

ctf_bayou_a6a0000.jpg

ctf_bayou_a6a0001.jpg

ctf_bayou_a6a0003.jpg

ctf_bayou_a6a0004.jpg

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Note that I meant with buildings their INSIDES, as detailing of outsides is fine when done in beta. They're generally pretty empty and look deserted.

That is, if you didn't get that already :p

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
So, I figured I would post up some screen shots of what I have been doing to the insides to make sure I am on track for what you guys think is the problem.

New side room to the Distillery (A)
ctf_bayou_a6b0000.jpg

New building that used to be the cave from B to C and D.
ctf_bayou_a6b0001.jpg

Three pictures from the revamped red spawn, now with second exit on the second floor.
ctf_bayou_a6b0002.jpg

ctf_bayou_a6b0003.jpg

ctf_bayou_a6b0004.jpg

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
You should use more different textures + add some wooden beams in some rooms. :)

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Don't forget brushes when you detail! Also it looks kinda boxy, add some windows (you can keep them shut with wood or something. Just add a feeling that there is something on the other side of the wall.

keep it up.

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
Yes... try to make it more interesting, right now it looks like you've just stuck some props everywhere. Try to make some points of interest :)

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
A7 is now up! It isn't complete by any means for the detailing the inside, but I think I got a good bit done on that front.

As it was much requested, there is a good bit of optimization now! Please check it out and tell me what you think.

Also, since I was amused by what Fearlezz did with adding a couple of frogs to his map, I decided to add three frogs to this one. They are all able to be seen by normal game play by any class. If you are bored feel free to see if you can find them all.

Bayou has also been added to Friday's game day if people wish to play it!

Last edited: