3D View glitch - Help?

It's me sized!

L1: Registered
Jul 18, 2015
In the 3D view, it is rendered as if taking up all the space for the panels, but then only the corner I have it in is displayed, for some reason it is correct when I am moving the position of the 3D view, but once it is still again, goes back to being rendered for the whole screen. I want to work on a map, but I cannot do it with my 3D view like this. I found an old thread on a similar problem from 2009 and tried the solution for it from back then, (Being disabling the steam overlay) but that didn't work. Can anybody help?

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
maybe wrong 3d view option? but could we at least see the problem

It's me sized!

Jul 18, 2015
Well that gave me one screen. and while, sure, I can see in the 3D view now, I'd much rather be able to have the divided screen.

PS. I now also do not know how to get the four views back.

Last edited:

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
View > Autosize 4 views or Ctrl+A.

I think I found the 2009 thread you were referring to. It says a patch was put out for it back then, so it's strange that you would get the problem now. Can you provide more information, like when this started happening, or if you did anything differently when launching Hammer this time?

It's me sized!

Jul 18, 2015
It started happening around a month ago and I just stopped trying to use hammer. The first time it happened I launched it like I always do, started hammer from the shortcut on my desktop, opened my map, and I saw that the 3D view was weird. I also noticed how it fixes when I move the camera. I tried to open a different map. Still weird. Then I tried to restart Hammer, nothing fixed. And to this day, it's still like this.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Hm, have you verified or reinstalled TF2 since then? You may have accidentally left Hammer open during a TF2 update, which often corrupts some of the game files and requires you to verify the game to fix them. In my experience it seems to only affect models, materials, and particles, but verifying for this would be worth a shot.