This version will mark the end of Haywire's development, and I'm really happy how it turned out.
This map, being my second, taught me a lot about hammer, but even more about people, balancing, and what to do with feedback, given my first map was more of a "proof of concept" release for myself.
I've had people I respect a lot that made a lot of amazing stuff for TF2, including maps tell me that areas or certain things about the map are great and fun, but at the same time had the same...
Payload map in the style of 2fort!
After several map tests and feedback of friends, strangers, and enemies, the map is at a point where I am personally happy with it and seemingly others, too.
I aim for this version to be final, but if the next test ends up with some technical issues, Ill obviously fix them.
As far as looks and gameplay goes, these are very much final.
Thanks for all the input and feedback to make Haywire as good as it can be!
- Changed lightning a bit.
- Changed the color of the wall...
- Added Soundscapes for their respective locations.
- Added several lights to make gameplay spaces which were too dark not too dark anymore
- Further optimization
- Increased Respawn Time of RED on third, decreased it on First
- Increased Setup time by 20 seconds to allow Engineers smoother setup and to allow people to be dorks infront of the windows for longer
- Moved McJohn sign so it stops floating
- Fixed an issue that caused HDR to go haywire (heh)
- Added even more Arrows
This Update is experimenting with the balancing of the map, as many have replied that both Second and Third arent really defendable.
- Moved the first point into the hut with the deathpit
--expanded the ground of the deathpit a bit
- Moved the second point into the double hut with the sniper sightline blockers
--Added a closed door to RED's forward spawn to block an unwanted sightline
--Also added some props to block a sightline to prevent snipers sniping the point from their...
Hey. I've tested the map again and fortunately, most of the reactions were rather positive to both the looks and the gameplay! However there were still some hiccups, which I hope to have fixed in this patch.
If nothing else comes up, chances are the next step will be the final release. Haywire has been taking up a large chunk of my time as of late, afterall.
Either way, here is the Changelog:
- Adjusted respawn times for the first point to give BLU a higher edge, even in unbalanced teams....
After having worked on the map for roughly a month to two non-stop, I'm happy to say that I'm finally done - not entirely of course, but the Map is very close to a releasable format, and all that's left is polishing.
This update is essentially just this: Detailing. Props, doorframes, textures, details - everything to make the map look like an actual map and not a roblox prototype, there are other changes aswell, though, gameplay-related.
- Updated the entire map with props,...
- Adjusted Respawn times again focusing on Third.
- Fixed Supply Cabinet not working after capping second for BLU
- Added an Extra Arrow around red's forward spawn that literally stands on the track so people cant avoid looking at it
- Fixed some brush oddities
- Moved spawns ever so slightly forward when capping second so BLU doesnt have to walk too much
-Fixed several stupid and overly long sniper sightlines:
--- At B:
---- Moved rock a bit so you cant snipe out of the hut anymore....
- Cow Jail no longer can be built in and you can no longer stand on the edge of the gate
- cleaned up an ugly brush
I decided to call the alpha phase off and move to beta. Gameplaywise the map seems to be in a stable spot, however I will continue to make gameplay-adjustments when seen necessary, of course.
With the jump to beta comes mostly textures for everything to the map doesnt look like a blocky mess, however smaller gameplay adjustments have been made aswell to make some stuff more balanced. The full changelog can be read below.
- Textures for everything! Of course a lot of things will...
- Any Capture will now trigger an instant Team Respawn - this is to prevent rolls from BLU and to prevent BLU rolling 3rd.
- Adjusted Respawn Times on Last
- Moved several Health Packs
- started the texturing process
- Reworked BLU Spawns
- fixed extreme sightline on First
- Moved RED forward spawn back and added a ramp to the highground
- added a tunnel at Last to the main room
- added two windows at Last
- moved cart path out a bit to expand fighting room
- moved RED last spawn and...
Page 1 of 2